No announcement yet.

Blizzard Entertainment Planning A Linux Game For 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect their Linux "game" will be Hearthstone, their lame Free 2 Play card game.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
      Blizzard can suck a bag of dicks. It will be funny seeing all those other companies twisting and turning to get their software on Linux after Valve already conqured the Linux Gaming Market with SteamOS/Steam Machines. Give it 3 years.
      Valve conquered the Linux gaming market? What is wrong with you?

I can't stand Valve and Steam. I would love better options from EA or Blizzard or other companies.

Comment

• Originally posted by araxth View Post
        I would love native binaries but well, it's hard to persuade stock holders to pull money into projects designed to lead trough unproven business environment.
        Why don't devs just use platform agnostic tools stacks so their binaries run on multiple platforms and they don't need these giant porting projects?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanLamb View Post

I can't stand Valve and Steam. I would love better options from EA or Blizzard or other companies.
          While I have my own reasons for not liking Steam or Valve, I am baffled as to why anything from EA or Blizzard would seem better in comparison?

Comment

• Originally posted by DanLamb View Post

You are probably the only person I've ever seen say that :-O

Comment

• So summer came and went with nothing from Blizzard for Linux and no news from Michael until I raised the question if he had lied about Blizzard releasing something during the summer. His reply was that they hit a snag. Fine, anything can happen but then we had the report of Amazon USA adding Linux to the supported OS list for the latest WoW battlechest raising speculations that we might get some news at Blizzcon. There did not appear to be any mentions of Linux support at Blizzcon so Michael, since it has been several weeks from when you mentioned they hit a snag, is Blizzard still having issues or will we finally see this thing this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodolandy View Post
                So summer came and went with nothing from Blizzard for Linux and no news from Michael until I raised the question if he had lied about Blizzard releasing something during the summer. His reply was that they hit a snag. Fine, anything can happen but then we had the report of Amazon USA adding Linux to the supported OS list for the latest WoW battlechest raising speculations that we might get some news at Blizzcon. There did not appear to be any mentions of Linux support at Blizzcon so Michael, since it has been several weeks from when you mentioned they hit a snag, is Blizzard still having issues or will we finally see this thing this year?
                It's safe to assume that it's WoW.
                A. WoW had a linux client at one point.
                B. At Blizzcon when asked what the release date for the new expac is, either next Spring or Summer they replied "We want it much sooner than that.", which means possibly this year.

Comment

• I personally reckon it's high-time Micheal saved himself the hassle and just flagged articles as 'articles' for the meat'n'bones stuff, 'rumours' for the sensationalist stuff, 'benchmark' for obvious, et al. Might help alleviate all the anger he generates from posting the frivolous (and we can all reply in kind to 'Angry Poster' if someone forgets to read that part!).

And hey, he's human. He probably got excited Blizzard FINALLY admitted to going linux despite it being an industry secret. He's still riding the Steam thing, too =P.
                  Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by peppercats View Post
                    It's safe to assume that it's WoW.
                    A. WoW had a linux client at one point.
                    B. At Blizzcon when asked what the release date for the new expac is, either next Spring or Summer they replied "We want it much sooner than that.", which means possibly this year.
                    It would be cool if it is a WoW Linux client Micheal was referring to. Even better if it came before the next expansion was released but if Linux client debute with the next expansion then I will continue to wait to rejoin WoW.

I just wish Micheal wouldn't make these announcements unless he actually provides updates every once in a while. To make an announcement then not say anything more for months and months on end is quite irritating. If I didn't question him just before summer ended, everyone who was waiting for this Blizzard Linux surprise would be looking at Micheal as a complete liar.

Now during my weekly "Blizzard Linux" web search, I came across http://news.softpedia.com/news/Blizz...s-398782.shtml claiming that Warcraft I, II, III are coming back. No mention if they will make them available on Linux but I for one hope so since I never got to play I and III.

Comment

• Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                      I personally reckon it's high-time Micheal saved himself the hassle and just flagged articles as 'articles' for the meat'n'bones stuff, 'rumours' for the sensationalist stuff, 'benchmark' for obvious, et al. Might help alleviate all the anger he generates from posting the frivolous (and we can all reply in kind to 'Angry Poster' if someone forgets to read that part!).

And hey, he's human. He probably got excited Blizzard FINALLY admitted to going linux despite it being an industry secret. He's still riding the Steam thing, too =P.
                      They know Linux very good thanks of the help from LGP who helped them to port their client.

Comment

Working...
                      X