Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Blizzard Entertainment Planning A Linux Game For 2013

At BlizzCon, Blizzard expressed intense interest in SteamOS, and were very pleased with Valve. Previously, they've said they're dissatisfied with the direction of Microsoft, and actively decided to not support the XBox One with Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. They also announced Hearthstone for Android, and started talking about "getting their games to as many platforms as possible where it makes sense", and by that they mean the control scheme. In the meantime, every single Blizzard game has an internal check for whether it is a Windows, Mac, or Linux client, as many have already pointed out. In addition, they have been expanding their team and hiring Linux engineers for a while now.

Take it however you will.

Here's hoping it's not WoW, I have a serious weakness for Linux games/ports and will end up supporting -and subsequently playing- it.

Quote Originally Posted by hrkristian View Post
    Here's hoping it's not WoW, I have a serious weakness for Linux games/ports and will end up supporting -and subsequently playing- it.
    heh -me too!

Whilst I remain nostalgic for WoW, I'd prefer it if they made Heros of the Storm multiplatform.

Ahhhh , I remember been sarcastic, still am, telling myself how much we need some DRM software on linux-based os's.