Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zanny View Post
    oxygen-gtk is just a gtk port of the default theme,
    Something the GNOME devs would never do with their Adwaita theme in return, just as they never modified GTK in the way that it utilizes KDE?s superior open/save windows when running under Plasma Desktop.

Originally posted by zanny View Post
    it isn't major systemic infrastructure like what I meant, and of course there are exceptions, its open source. I'm talking about how Phonon and Gstreamer ran parallel for a while, and are now mingling.
    Luckily you are once again wrong because GStreamer is a steaming pile of shit. Any framework that randomly stops playback can't be taken seriously!
    Phonon is, as others already wrote, just a wrapper and lets me use VLC as back-end.

It's not KDE?s duty to adopt everything NIH Syndrome-infected GNOME devs come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzler View Post
      Hu? When got akonadi rejected?
      It has problems, for sure. I completely wiped all nepomuk+akonadi from my disk, as it caused headache to me - but many people are happy with it, and it also seems to work for them.
      Nepomuk has nothing to do with Akonadi and Akonadi itself works just fine. Maybe a plugin for Akonadi is buggy but Akonadi itself is not these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
        Nepomuk has nothing to do with Akonadi and Akonadi itself works just fine. Maybe a plugin for Akonadi is buggy but Akonadi itself is not these days.
        It is supposed to be the nepomuk plugin for akonadi that was causing much of the trouble, but this has apparently been fixed for 4.10 (in fact that fix was one of the two fixes that resulted in this delay).

Comment

Something the GNOME devs would never do with their Adwaita theme in return, just as they never modified GTK in the way that it utilizes KDE?s superior open/save windows when running under Plasma Desktop.
          And don't forget how they outright rejected patches that would have supported the new FDO notification standard, for the explicit reason that they want to force application developers to user their own non-standard alternative.

Comment

Luckily you are once again wrong because GStreamer is a steaming pile of shit. Any framework that randomly stops playback can't be taken seriously!
            No. It was a bug, and it was fixed a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              No. It was a bug, and it was fixed a while ago.
              I'm delighted to read that a media playback framework can again play media files.
              So after first long periods of everything using GStreamer segfaulting all over the place for me and later losing the ability to properly play back media files, GNOME?s NIH answer to MPlayer and VLC is once again roughly competitive ? at least on Linux. AWESOME!

Comment

I'm delighted to read that a media playback framework can again play media files.
                So after first long periods of everything using GStreamer segfaulting all over the place for me and later losing the ability to properly play back media files, GNOME?s NIH answer to MPlayer and VLC is once again roughly competitive ? at least on Linux. AWESOME!
                If you laid it on any thicker, we'd suffocate.

Comment

That bug only affected Amarok, and only when PulseAudio was active, and only when an OGG track was played after an MP3, and even then all it did was pause the playback...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                    It is supposed to be the nepomuk plugin for akonadi that was causing much of the trouble, but this has apparently been fixed for 4.10 (in fact that fix was one of the two fixes that resulted in this delay).
                    Really? Addressbook in kmail finally working?
                    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=259949 (the last comment suggests it is not yet fixed)
                    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=254126 (do you notice some progress with 4.10?)
                    nepomuk/virtuoso not burning down the cpu anymore, when something weird happens while indexing?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                      That bug only affected Amarok, and only when PulseAudio was active, and only when an OGG track was played after an MP3, and even then all it did was pause the playback...
                      I don't use Amarok, I always completely deactivated PulseAudio, and it didn't/doesn't only affect OGG files (I didn't find a pattern or I would've reported it). Seems you're referring to another, similar bug.
                      I won't find out in the foreseeable future if ?my? GStreamer bug was fixed or not. I won't switch again just because somebody somewhere thinks that GStreamer is the superior solution as VLC simply works here.

Comment

Working...
                      X