KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed Into February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I'm going to be in a minority here but I feel like KDE has died. Really.
    Do you remember gnome 2? I had always the feeling nothing was happening there until version 3 released, which was interesting. Distro's sometimes switched to a different theme, but so does KDE. (First Oxygen, then Air, in KDE 4.10 the newer Air), and a lot of development in all apps, like Kdenlive, Gwenview, Amarok, Calligra Office, etc. KDE has also become absolutely stable (for me at least) with version 4.9. As a KDE user from version 4.0, I can tell you: it hasn't always been like that...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowBane View Post
      My school has KDE 4.3 installed (rhel6), and it is a terrible experience compared to 4.9 on my laptop/desktop. Many of the features that I miss are things that were added in 4.8 and 4.9, such as improvements in Kate, Dolphin, and Kwin, as well as greater stability and flexability in Plasma. (the alt+f2 launcher has gotten loads better, not sure when the changes happened, but it wasn't improved until at least 4.5)
      Completely true . Every time I install a newer KDE version I like the new stuf, but when I need to work on a computer with an older KDE I really miss a lot of new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        Your presence counts as net loss. Too bad for KDE.
        Your presence on phoronix throws the average IQ here into the negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
          True. Unexpected high values in unbound tests is the most common cause for overflowing. Mea culpa.

Comment

Originally posted by porfirio View Post
            Jesus, never tough there where so many KDe haters.
            I'm pretty sure there are many Gnome, Unity, Xfce, Windows and OS X haters, too. Yet they only become idiotic when they start thinking whatever they don't fancy must also go the way of the dodo. The truly remarkable ones are brave enough to start hunting for threads, making sure the world knows they don't like this and that. Makes them feel like they are doing something, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post

And be good?

Comment

if people haven't figured it out by now, funkstar from his very first post was undoubtedly a troll. Yes, thre are people out there who hate KDE, maybe because they had a bad first impression when trying 4.3 and older, or maybe because it doesn't run smooth on older hardware, but hate to that level isn't normal for something that is completely optional. People are also entitled to their opinions. While i personally like KDE and use it regularly, I can see why others may dislike it.

While GNOME doesn't suit my tastes, I think the amount of hate towards it is unnecessary too. The main problem I have with gnome is its more focused on tablets and simplification than general purpose PC usage, which is fine but not when GNOME is the default DE to most distros. I think GNOME 3 would've received a lot less hate if the developers didn't take a completely different path from its predecessor, and/or gave it a different name. I believe many people hate KDE 4 because of how different it is from KDE 3 too.

Comment

Lots of haters here

I get some don't like KDE, but to waste people's time with posts that aren't constructive criticism, and just bad mouthing is so childish.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRtd View Post
                    I get some don't like KDE, but to waste people's time with posts that aren't constructive criticism, and just bad mouthing is so childish.
                    I might go back to not reading comments again. Seems like every other post is some troll attempt.

Comment

I hope this release finally fixes kwin tearing on ivybridge.

Comment

Working...
                      X