KDE 4.10 Desktop Delayed Into February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    Let me help you. First of all; when people move it translates to change over time, not absolute values. Secondly; Your claims about what Arch is and isnt is flawed. Now Arch doesnt show trending just absolute values. So go use google. Im sorry to tell you about 40% had KDE installed a year ago.Conclusion; KDE is losing its former arch stronghold. Just like KDE is going down the drain on debian&ubuntu. LOL.
    Your conclusions are incorect. KDE and gnome was on pair in Arch till the utter shit called gnome 3 came out. KDE usage increased. Every poll on the net shows the same. Unity and KDE gains, gnome looses. You're simply a lier, pal. Does icaza paid you?

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
      I hear a call for a new features list, so here goes :

In general : the nepomuk framework ditched strigi for indexing, and has a new plugin-based system.
      Strigi removal = feature removal. KDE doesnt listen to the few users who havent jump the ship! Hate!

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        Your conclusions are incorect. KDE and gnome was on pair in Arch till the utter shit called gnome 3 came out. KDE usage increased. Every poll on the net shows the same. Unity and KDE gains, gnome looses. You're simply a lier, pal. Does icaza paid you?
        Here are some numbers > OMG!Ubuntu! poll (ENG) - (I consider these users as normal users) - 15 900 people & Root.cz poll (CZ) - The second graph is what you are looking for (I consider these voter as powerusers) - 4423 people

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
          utter shit called gnome 3
          So... when he says KDE is dead he is troll, when u say gnome 3 is shit u are right? Funny.
          Last edited by phoen1x; 03 January 2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Two simple rules in case of troll.

1) put on ignore list
            2) do not repy, quote and whatsoever .....

And finally then you'll find world a happy place

As for KDE, all is good. lots of nice things going down the pipe. I hope they somehow manage to sneak new display management plasmoid/kcm.

Comment

Strigi removal = feature removal. KDE doesnt listen to the few users who havent jump the ship! Hate!
              Not if the replacement has the same features (or in this case, even more features). Or did you just miss everything after the comma?

I notice you ignore the entire rest of the post despite the fact that it refuted everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                Not if the replacement has the same features (or in this case, even more features). Or did you just miss everything after the comma?

I notice you ignore the entire rest of the post despite the fact that it refuted everything you said.
                Please stop talking with him, funkSTAR is a (boring, repetitive and stupid) troll.

Comment

Well. People ARE leaving. Like I did.
                  good, now next time there is a KDE post on the frontpage, take a deep breath and move on, your ranting is loosing its entertainment value and is just getting silly.

Comment

Love kde's philosophy that programs use one codebase, modules and concepts and using as daily driver on work and at home.
                    In other environments I can't find whole set of features used by me in kde. It's as much as I need configurable and EASY configurable and interoperable.
                    Using 4.10RC1 since it appeared in opensuse repos. Can't see any bugs. But many new features across program configs, editors and neater experience.

imo KDE's usability is on top among other de's.

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
                      Akregator is on its way to be rewritten using akonadi.
                      Not for 4.10. It was initially hoped that Akregator makes it (which is why it's in the Feature Plan) but didn't make it.

Comment

Working...
                      X