X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obviously!

to awww.

ha ha ha.

That is why your here, reading and posting the same day the article came out!

He must be doing something right.

Keep up the good work Michael.

Comment

Can we PLEASE stop saying "year of the linux XX"

It's really just making us look like idiots. maybe this will break out linux gaming, maybe it won't, but running around declaring it the year of linux gaming will only hinder it after 50 years of "the year of the linux desktop" turning the whole idea into a massive joke.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        Michael is leaving phoronix, which is sad, but I really can't imagine him doing any other work, except maybe moving to Germany to drink German beer all the time and perhaps become a tiny bit of a sex offender posting pictures of German girls with big boobs bringing him beer, he's got a big enough collection of such photos already anyway. I guess.
        I actually only drink beer like once a week or every other week these days...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingpin View Post
          Did you know that there is a new port of Unreal / UnrealGold for Linux with many bug fixes. it,s avilable on oldunreal.com page.
          As a member of the beta testing team on OldUnreal, I have to note that Unreal on Linux has been out for at least a year now, so it's not that new. It's also not an official effort, but a fan-made port (albeit with the approval of Epic Games; it would have had a Mac OS X port, too, if not for the lack of approval from Epic Games...). And it does work very well.

I suppose not everyone knows about it, though, so thanks for raising awareness of it

Comment

I just can't see this happening. I just can't see Capcom porting Resident Evil to Linux, so this means the gaming industry is still console and Windows centric.

Comment

A good article.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedogs View Post
                It's really just making us look like idiots. maybe this will break out Linux gaming, maybe it won't, but running around declaring it the year of linux gaming will only hinder it after 50 years of "the year of the Linux desktop" turning the whole idea into a massive joke.
                I don't agree.
                For starters: If you keep on repeating big lie, eventually people will believe in it.
                Secondly: I actually do believe it will be year of Linux, and more likely a decade of it. It already started. Steam is just first right sign of it.

It began not cause of market penetration or superiority of the system, but because of Microsoft and Apple are abusing devs, put them into corner
                Last edited by dimko; 31 December 2012, 04:50 AM. Reason: mispell, add

Comment

Working...
                X