REAPER Audio May Be Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artivision View Post
    I really hate to see closed software on Linux, i will never run it. If a company wants to work with Linux the best solution is to sell material and not code, example: Instead of FLStudio i prefer to buy a sound collection (samples+presets) for an open program (possible via an online store). If the open program misses something then give it to us like open source. I will accept to run closed games via Wine only and i demand a Wine-Qemu(KVM) patch, in order to have complete protection (VM environment) with less than 5% CPU loss. Linux exist for a reason, anything else is not a welcome.
    To each his own. I personally have nothing against proprietary applications. I prefer open source applications whereas I insist on an open source operating system.

If two applications have close to the same feature set and quality but one is open source while the other is proprietary, then obviously I prefer the open source application. Unfortunately, nothing really comes close to Reaper in the open source world so I would have no issue paying the very nominal fee that the Reaper developers ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      I really hate to see closed software on Linux, i will never run it. If a company wants to work with Linux the best solution is to sell material and not code, example: Instead of FLStudio i prefer to buy a sound collection (samples+presets) for an open program (possible via an online store). If the open program misses something then give it to us like open source. I will accept to run closed games via Wine only and i demand a Wine-Qemu(KVM) patch, in order to have complete protection (VM environment) with less than 5% CPU loss. Linux exist for a reason, anything else is not a welcome.
      yeah, it's a total shame that people want money for their work! They should give you all they did for free. OpenSource is a nice thought, but as long as we live in a capitalistic society, that's not a real option. Who would stop you from just taking the source code that is given alongside the program and share it over P2P networks? Yeah, exactly nobody.

Belive me, I'm not happy with that situation either, but it's not my choice to do anything about it.

Comment

Programmers should work for free. If they want money they should get a REAL job!

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
          yeah, it's a total shame that people want money for their work! They should give you all they did for free. OpenSource is a nice thought, but as long as we live in a capitalistic society, that's not a real option. Who would stop you from just taking the source code that is given alongside the program and share it over P2P networks? Yeah, exactly nobody.

Belive me, I'm not happy with that situation either, but it's not my choice to do anything about it.

Yeah they must earn some money for their job, but for a real job, not remaking something that already exists with small differences. They must sell samples and presets for open LMMS (not FLStudio), scripts for GIMP that are not exactly programs (not Photoshop), cards for LibreOffice (not Microsoft Office). And at the end LMMS has 2-3 good metal guitars to play, FLStudio is a garbage that doesn't do what they say it does. Actually closed source its complete garbage anyway. The only reason they exist is because we haven't take them seriously, for example: If the samples of freesound.org were mechanical sound forms (samples and presets) like Kontakt, with the analogous program and plugin for LMMS and others, then i don't thing that closed source will ever make a single sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
            but as long as we live in a capitalistic society
            Well congratulations! Thanks to ignorant-izens of the world, LOLbama and the New World Order, we're now becoming a Fascist society, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
              Well congratulations! Thanks to ignorant-izens of the world, LOLbama and the New World Order, we're now becoming a Fascist society, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
              Do you know what fascist means? It is apparently an ill defined word but things that most definitions share: 1. highly nationalistic and totalitarian, 2. aggressive policies towards other countries, 3. class warfare. Of those only the later could possibly, though only laughably, be applied to Obama.
              Regarding their economic policies they are apparently a mixture of public and private.

Comment

Working...
              X