Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon R600g HyperZ Support Improved In Mesa

Phoronix: Radeon R600g HyperZ Support Improved In Mesa

This week the improved Radeon R600 Gallium3D HyperZ support was merged into mainline Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And our thanks go to Jerome Glisse from Red Hat to finally fixing this HiZ mess on r600 by reverse engineering it from over 12GB fglrx command
    stream.

Comment

Does this have to be done all over again for SI and later? I got rid of my Evergreen more than a year ago...

Comment

HiZ is pretty much identical from r600 on, so most of the code could be ported over from r600g to radeonsi for SI.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Radeon R600g HyperZ Support Improved In Mesa

This week the improved Radeon R600 Gallium3D HyperZ support was merged into mainline Mesa...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTI1OTk
          It's enabled by default all you need is 3.8 kernel depending on when drm-next necessary bit get merge

Comment

So you will need both Linux 3.8 and Mesa 9.1?

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
              And our thanks go to Jerome Glisse from Red Hat to finally fixing this HiZ mess on r600 by reverse engineering it from over 12GB fglrx command
              stream.
              Really dude WTF ? ?? ?? ? that?s a hardcore action.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                Really dude WTF ? ?? ?? ? that?s a hardcore action.
                Indeed. Some time ago there was a post here that it was almost impossible to do this. As the owner of a r600 card I am grateful.

Comment

Working...
                X