Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Features LLVM/Clang 3.2 Bring To The Table

Phoronix: What Features LLVM/Clang 3.2 Bring To The Table

While the features of LLVM 3.2 and its Clang C/C++ compiler front-end have been talked about in numerous Phoronix articles over the past few months, here's an overview of the new features for this open-source compiler infrastructure update that was released on Friday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

First off, just post once...it'll save Michael a bit of moneh.

Second...stfu. We don't need to hear you fucking mouthing off obscenities every other cock-sucking word. It's not like we're having a damn swearing contest, and I'm pretty fucking sure you don't have tourette syndrome. I don't mean to be a dick about it, but it's pretty fucking irritating.

Also, I'm damn sure what you quoted has nothing to do with Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt, asswhipe. Although what you said about apple might qualify, whether the fuck it's true or not.
    </rant>

Comment

If not already happening, I think it's best if everyone just ignores users like "kill bsd" "bsd sucks and dies" etc. who are probably only one person anyway.
      Although I'm generally against such things, in this case it's so blatantly obvious it's hurting.

Comment

Angry at compilers

Originally posted by BitRot View Post
        If not already happening, I think it's best if everyone just ignores users like "kill bsd" "bsd sucks and dies" etc. who are probably only one person anyway.
        Although I'm generally against such things, in this case it's so blatantly obvious it's hurting.
        On the other hand, some compilers can really make people angry eh

Reading mr KillBSD's ravings remind me just how angry compilers can make people - and he's venting all that anger on our behalf, what kindness!

Mr KillBSD, don't save all your rage for LLVM/Clang though - that GCC can do some pretty awful things to kittens too, and don't get me started on Microsoft Visual C grrrrr.

Comment

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I'll be adding him to my ****** list shortly...or as soon as I figure out how. :/

Comment

its funny but for me its the complete opposite of killbsd. i rather use clang just to stick it to stallman. besides, without the corporate support, gcc would be hooking on the streetcorner like most FOSS projects. so its not like gcc is made by hippies in a basement.

Comment

Now there's a choice that runs right through to your political core!

Stallman - code communism, progress may be glacial but at least it's for "the people"

Apple - code imperialism, much better technology but you have to let the devil take your wife out to dinner.

Personally, I try to just focus on the technology and ignore the accompanying ideology/dogma.

Comment

Every time I see his username (Foo anals Bar...baz! Now ignored), I think to my self "That's disgusting; why would Linux want to do that?"

Anyway, yeah, I don't really care too much about the licensing; I'd prefer my code to be usable by anyone, but it's not my code, so whichever compiler can do a better job and do it efficiently will win my vote. Being free and open source are important factors, of course, but not the only ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobu View Post
                  Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I'll be adding him to my ****** list shortly...or as soon as I figure out how. :/
                  Click on their username, view profile, add to ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by elCoder View Post
                    Stallman - code communism, progress may be glacial but at least it's for "the people"
                    Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos and Werner Koch don't feel that way. http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/529522/854aed3fb6398b79/

Paolo Bonzini also disagrees with that assessment. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp....u.general/7873

Comment

Working...
                    X