Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Unreal Engine 3 Game Ships For Linux

Phoronix: The First Unreal Engine 3 Game Ships For Linux

While Epic Games hasn't allowed for Unreal Tournament 3 to be released for Linux, the first native Linux game using Unreal Engine 3 was released today. Yes, Unreal Engine 3 for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great game.
    Now can we have Red Orchestra 2 pls.
    Last edited by Raven3x7; 19 December 2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Valve is also using SDL2.

Comment

Don't forget Unity 4 also supports Linux. I wonder if this will put pressure on Epic to make Unreal Engine 4 support Linux.

Comment

I want DNF for Linux...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            I want DNF for Linux...
            I want that too, but it doesn't use Unreal Engine 3.

Comment

Wish it worked.

This is what I get attempting to run it:

Code:
              [m@ptah DungeonDefenders]$ ./DungeonDefenders 
              Dungeon Defenders: Installed in '/home/m/Downloads/DungeonDefenders'.
              XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
                    after 153 requests (153 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
              XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
                    after 18 requests (18 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
              Archlinux x64. Nivida GTX 570

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                I want DNF for Linux...
                In a word: lol

Comment

How come a indie game can afford a license of the unreal engine? Isn't the cost something like 700.000$?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
                    How come a indie game can afford a license of the unreal engine? Isn't the cost something like 700.000$?
                    The Unreal Development Kit is free, as long as you share a part of the profits with Epic.

Though I'd really like to see the UDK itself ported to Linux, with the editor and all.

Comment

Working...
                    X