Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Features Of GNOME In 2012

Phoronix: The Best Features Of GNOME In 2012

After yesterday sharing the general feedback submitted by over a thousand GNOME users (Part 1, Part 2) from the 2012 GNOME User Survey about their views on the popular Linux desktop environment, here's all of the responses to another one of the questions. The question came down to what features of GNOME are most important from your personal use and would not like them to go away.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The truth

The true best feature: The courage to say NO.

Happily accept new CA or CLA deps? No thank you.
    More features than the team can maintain? No thank you.
    More configures than the team can maintain? No thank you.

Comment

Definitely the most meaningless "survey" I've ever seen.

Comment

Some gnome devs think that removing features is a feature. They seem to think they must compete with tablet OSes or that gnome users are (we) dumb. I hope they realize that not listening to feedback is bad. They're following the Windows 8 road (altough Microsoft did it because its greedy, and Gnome devs do it because their own pride)

I would like to add to that list backwards compatibility. That's one of the major things holding devs off from the linux desktop.
        Last edited by newwen; 19 December 2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

anybody actually reading any of those 15+ pages?

Comment

15+ pages of whining idiots? I'll pass. I'm glad the Gnome devs are smart enough to ignore those morons too.
            Last edited by Roberto Dirksen; 20 December 2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X