No announcement yet.

FreeBSD/PC-BSD 9.1 Benchmarked Against Linux, Solaris, BSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder, why Linux is getting slower in BYTE Unix Benchmark Dhrystone 2?

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
      Try to think before you post too.
      For ensuring that you are going into my ignore list.
      Now troll someone else

Comment

To anyone seeing this forum, if you are thinking of or intenting to try out pc-bsd, please don't waste your time adn life. It isn't worth it. Worst, it has spyware and drm modules which will compromise your privacy. Please do yourselfs a favor and don't download and run pcbsd.

Comment

Troll

How come this dude isn't banned yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kill BSD
            Whats the matter? Don't like the truth? Go fux at forums.freebsd.org, this forum is for truth not trolls (BSD).
            No, this forum topic (or sub-forum) is for the discussion of Phoronix Articles, as per its title. This forum is for discussing whatever topics have been made available for discussion; for instance, this site and its articles, software, hardware, etc..

I'm pretty sure telling people to go fuck something or die does not constitute discussion of the article which this thread is about, nor is it constructive or helpful. It only serves to lure people to make emotional replies, or replies like mine; neither of which are on topic, by the way. If that is not the definition of a troll...well, I'm not going to fall to your low. Let's just say you could act more mature, regardless of what your age actually is. We all know you're capable.

Comment

THIS thread, gentlemen ... is the very illustration of the difference between the Linux and BSD community.
              Now, back to the real life.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                For ensuring that you are going into my ignore list.
                Thanks for admitting you have no clue.

Comment

Apples and oranges - the hardware is different

This is not a valid comparison. The hardware is different.

E.g. Solaris machine has ATI RV730 PRO with 256MB of RAM, the Linux machines have AMD Radeon HD 4650 with 512MB.

Processors are different.
                  Disks are different.

B

Comment

Originally posted by BillSmugg View Post
                    This is not a valid comparison. The hardware is different.

E.g. Solaris machine has ATI RV730 PRO with 256MB of RAM, the Linux machines have AMD Radeon HD 4650 with 512MB.

Processors are different.
                    Disks are different.

B
                    Reporting differences between OSes.

FTA:
                    The same Intel Core i7 3960X "Extreme Edition" system was used throughout the benchmarking process
                    RV730 is the codename for 4650, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                      Nobody gives a shit about your BSD crap here.
                      My BSD crap? Who ever said I used, installed, liked, or defended BSD? I am free to discuss whatever I like, here, including my like or dislike of BSD, as long as it pertains to the topic of the thread. I'm not free to troll, call others names, and tell them to "piss off" for no reason.

Why don't you take some of your own kind's advice:

Originally posted by Kill BSD
                      Don't like the truth? Go fux at forums.freebsd.org, this forum is for truth not trolls (BSD).
                      only instead of forums.freebsd.org, you can go to linuxforums.org...oh, wait, they have a BSD subforum too. Never mind. Though, I have to admit, at least you don't make every post about killing BSD users and gay sex like Kill BSD. I'm worried for his orientation at this rate.

Comment

Working...
                      X