Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PulseAudio 3.0 Released With New Sound Features

Phoronix: PulseAudio 3.0 Released With New Sound Features

The PulseAudio 3.0 sound server was released last night and does offer several new audio-related features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    New features and new bugs let's not forget.
    Yes. Like any software release... What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
      New features and new bugs let's not forget. More pulse audio..exactly what we needed
      And i wondered when a troll would show up to bash Pulseaudio for no reason at all as usual...

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
        And i wondered when a troll would show up to bash Pulseaudio for no reason at all as usual...
        The problem is that Pulseaudio doesn't really work. Hasn't for years - since its been release as far as I know...

Sure, it can play basic sound bytes and spit out some music from a music player, but if you try to play most games, skype, most audio processors, it simply doesn't work. At least hasn't for me on any *buntu system.

I usually apt-get purge pulseaudio and let Alsa take over. Alsa is integrated into the kernel, works with ALL oss software, and games don't skip/lag sound and audio processors don't crash every 5 min .

So, if they fixed these issues, then YAY - but doubtful! Other wise, simply remove it!

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxRocks View Post
          The problem is that Pulseaudio doesn't really work. Hasn't for years - since its been release as far as I know...

Sure, it can play basic sound bytes and spit out some music from a music player, but if you try to play most games, skype, most audio processors, it simply doesn't work. At least hasn't for me on any *buntu system.

I usually apt-get purge pulseaudio and let Alsa take over. Alsa is integrated into the kernel, works with ALL oss software, and games don't skip/lag sound and audio processors don't crash every 5 min .

So, if they fixed these issues, then YAY - but doubtful! Other wise, simply remove it!

Joe
          Now another troll... They sure visit in groups...

Since Pulseaudio doesn't work, i guess i shouldn't be listening to anything for what, 5-6-7 years? I guess it is just my imagination...

PS: Ubuntu sucks, period. It is a badly maintained distro that doesn't even update its "Canonical maintained" packages, eg. Libreoffice 3.6.2->3.6.4 (150 bugfixes)... The only thing they maintain is their spyware. So, if you use such an awful distro, you shouldn't criticise the upstream for its faults...

Comment

Since Pulseaudio doesn't work, i guess i shouldn't be listening to anything for what, 5-6-7 years? I guess it is just my imagination...

PS: Ubuntu sucks, period. It is a badly maintained distro that doesn't even update its "Canonical maintained" packages, eg. Libreoffice 3.6.2->3.6.4 (150 bugfixes)... The only thing they maintain is their spyware. So, if you use such an awful distro, you shouldn't criticise the upstream for its faults...
            Well, your standard for "Listening to things" and mine obviously differ!

Not sure about sound management software, but when I was using Fedora, I observed the same issues while playing games - sound lag and other sound issues... Don't listen to me, simply Google for Sound Lag and Pulseaudio - just did it and got 50,500 returns, so, obviously, there seems to be an issue.

Joe

Comment

i dont have problem with pulse audio

Originally posted by LinuxRocks View Post

Joe
              i use 64 bit archlinux with pulse audio i play many games and i dont have any problems.

edit: skype and mumble works too
              Last edited by quandasim; 18 December 2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Another troll bashing a Canonical product, they made a Linux distro that got quite popular so desktop is starting to get important...

Oh, the irony! Hehehe

(I think both Pulseaudio and Ubuntu suck. JACK is a great start, despite designed for pro audio)

Comment

Originally posted by quandasim View Post
                  i use 64 bit archlinux with pulse audio i play many games and i dont have any problems.
                  I haven't tried Arch in a long time... Been thinking about trying it out recently - perhaps I will give it a go.

Thanks for the tip!!!
                  Joe

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    Another troll bashing a Canonical product, they made a Linux distro that got quite popular so desktop is starting to get important...

Oh, the irony! Hehehe

(I think both Pulseaudio and Ubuntu suck. JACK is a great start, despite designed for pro audio)
                    Yeah rite... Ubuntu exists for what? 8 years? How much total Linux desktop usage changed during that time? Yup, not much... So, they are not doing a good job at it at all...

Plus, they are making Linux look bad, because when beginners try it they face many Ubuntu and Debian specific bugs and think Linux sucks....

Pulseaudio is a great sound server, grow up already all of you...

Comment

Working...
                    X