Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 12.12 Web-Browser Released

Phoronix: Opera 12.12 Web-Browser Released

For ending out the year, Opera 12.12 has been released as the latest version of the popular cross-platform Norwegian web-browser...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Irrelevant

Opera is irrelevant, less than 1% of web users use it.
    It's not open source.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Opera is irrelevant, less than 1% of web users use it.
      Desktop Linux is irrelevant, less than 2% of desktop/notebook PC users use it.

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      It's not open source.
      Desktop Linux requires a bunch of blob-only firmware for various free drivers to work properly.

Moral: don't play with numbers when your favourite operating system don't even have them to begin with.
      Last edited by Sonadow; 18 December 2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

where u take that 1%? its more like 5% i think
        but anyhow. its the best browser out there so far imo.
        its fast as chrome and doesnt have limited features like chrome does.

matter of taste probably.
        and who cares if its opensource or not. if it works good then its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          Desktop Linux is irrelevant, less than 2% of desktop/notebook PC users use it.

Desktop Linux requires a bunch of blob-only firmware for various free drivers to work properly.

Moral: don't play with numbers when your favourite operating system don't even have them to begin with.
          lol pwned.

I myself am an opera user. I'm personally glad it isn't open source, because its one of those projects where open sourcing it would cause more problems than it would fix. The opera team has the motivation of a community and listens to its users, but if they let the community join the development then i feel like it might slow them down. Although, it could take the same route as Chrome and Chromium.

Comment

Opera user reporting.

Comment

Working...
            X