Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THQ Is Looking At Bringing Their Games To Linux

Phoronix: THQ Is Looking At Bringing Their Games To Linux

THQ, the American game company responsible for a great deal of computer games and was the company behind the recent controversial Humble Bundle, is currently evaluating the market for bringing their titles to Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

typo: Jason Rubin, the president of THQ

good news - and now to the obligatory: "shut up and take my money!"

Comment

Interesting news, but I hope they don't bring some boring game, then when it fails they declare for all to listen that linux really isn't worth it.

Let's remember that before the bundle THQ wasn't doing that well financially, and while the quality of their games might not be the entire reason, it surely plays a big part.

Comment

THQ...hmmm...last time I saw a game from them must've been ~10 years ago. Was some truck racing game IIRC. It was a testversion on a computer games magazine.

this one -> http://images.anandtech.com/reviews/...dia2k/mbtr.jpg

Comment

No one mentioned Supreme Commander! At least Planetary Annihilation will be for Linux though, if it is any good.

Comment

Sounds good! What we need are reference examples that show people in the industry that porting to linux doesn't require a team of 50 people working on it for 2 months. If they see that it pays of rather quickly they won't hesitate to do it.

Comment

If they do this I'll definitely boost my humble bundle contribution substantially metro 2033 is my favorite game ever. I already pre-ordered last light but if they manage to get linux support by launch I'll buy it again!

Comment

I bought it 'cause it was a humble bundle and I buy those.. but I sent all the money to charity. I'm not paying devs for windows development; I don't use Windows. If the games ever run well in wine though, i'll own them.

Comment

Sounds like: "We are looking, how to use WINE with Steam for Linux"

Comment

Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
                    Let's remember that before the bundle THQ wasn't doing that well financially, and while the quality of their games might not be the entire reason, it surely plays a big part.
                    80% of THQ's financial difficulties:

The remaining 20%:

Comment

Working...
                    X