Arbitrary test arguments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbitrary test arguments

I'm using the phoronix-test-suite tools and I'm looking in the test-definition.xml file for a given test and I see 'Default' and 'Option' stanzas. I'd like to make my own options and run them (essentially just different arguments). If I make my own stanzas and give them different names how do I execute them or am I going about this in the wrong way? How else can I specify my own arguments for a given test?

I'd love to be able to do something like

phoronix-test-suite benchmark aio-stress Option [option stanza name]

how can I execute something other than the default arguments?

Thank you!

Will

Originally posted by wfrancis View Post
    I'm using the phoronix-test-suite tools and I'm looking in the test-definition.xml file for a given test and I see 'Default' and 'Option' stanzas. I'd like to make my own options and run them (essentially just different arguments). If I make my own stanzas and give them different names how do I execute them or am I going about this in the wrong way? How else can I specify my own arguments for a given test?

I'd love to be able to do something like

phoronix-test-suite benchmark aio-stress Option [option stanza name]

how can I execute something other than the default arguments?

Thank you!

Will
    Take a look at a test like 'nexuiz' or 'botan' for getting an idea about the different options for setting it up. Then look at a suite like 'gaming' to see how the XML file is in there for calling upon test options. That'd be the easiest way to go about doing it, unfortunately I don't have too much formal documentation written at this time that's up-to-date about the test options but the included HTML/PDF docs do cover some of it.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X