Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
    AMD Catalyst in one single post:

1) you're lucky if you are able to install the driver and make it actually work after first reboot
    2) you don't suffer a kernel panic within 1 day without doing anything special
    3) you don't have issues with WINE
    4) you don't suffer a freeze while watching some bullshit videos with VLC or whatever
    5) get the list continued..
    Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

WINE doesn't count anyway.

Comment

Anyone knows if it works OK with Trinity APUs ?

I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....

TIA,
      AJSB

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet500 View Post
        Dunno but haven't faced any of 1 to 4. Earlier I was on Catalyst 12.4. Now on Catalyst 12.10. Team Fortress 2 also runs fine.

WINE doesn't count anyway.
        Welcome to the Phoronix forums, remember not to feed the trolls ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post

I'm on the verge of building my 1st non-Intel rig , a kinda of "gaming HTPC" with a A10-5700 or A10-5800K and i'm wondering if i regret it....

TIA,
          AJSB
          I have A8-3870K (Llano), and I can say Catalyst improved a lot since 12.4 when I bought it. With 12.4, suspend didn't work and I had random kernel panics. Now I'm using 12.10, and it works just fine. Performance in GNOME 3 is not very good, but KDE runs just perfectly smooth with all the effects. Haven't tried 12.12 yet, and remember, Trinity are much faster than Llano.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            It would be much nicer when fglrx devs would look at public forums
            Instead of working on bugs that already reported? Remember, resources is limited and time is resource too.

Comment

Maybe the monkey are just not clever enough - or too few.

Comment

May you please tell us name of at least one GPU vendor, who continuously searching for bugreports about proprietary driver on Internet forums?

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post

TIA,
                  AJSB
                  I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

Comment

AMD released the Catalyst 12.12 Linux graphics driver for those who are lucky enough to have a 5xxx series card or newer and are still reliant upon their binary blob for Radeon/FirePro graphics card support.

Fixed it for you...

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
                      I just got an a10-5800k (trinity) myself. I haven't yet tested 12.12, but I can tell you that 12.11-beta 11 works great. Gnome Shell is nice and smooth, and it performs as expected in games. That's a good place to start if 12.12 doesn't work.

Can you help me select a case ?
                      I need to know how tall is the top of the stock cooler in relation to the MB surface...

TIA,
                      AJSB

Comment

Working...
                      X