Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenGLOverlay vs. Xvideo. Which one is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello i am newbie on our forum.

I ask you about display problem while flicker was re-slowed?

I have display driver: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT on my Fujitsu Siemens Computer. Did you believe because my monitor shows some flickers in screensaver, videoplayer or windowed game programs. i want to stop with stupid ugly flickers. How do i fix my display by flickers? I want to make my display like new computer. Or some wrong display driver like MesaGL.

While i try with terminal this: fglrxinfo:

Output is some different. to Mesa?

Why does Ubuntu run only hated loved Software Driver. I want to go back into current display driver by ATI Technology.

Can you to help for me someone?

I ask you while i have installed old windows xp on my computer. Can i use with Disk Erase all hard disk formatting with "full erase" over than 1 hour. Does Ubuntu not show flicker problems while last erasing disk from computer?

Thank you for tips! Nice result for Option - Fsaa* in Xorg.conf
    What is fsaa? How does fsaa work? fsaa can to ban to flicker or not?

Thanks. Regards SnakeMedia

Comment

You will see flicker when running OpenGL applications under Compiz (aka desktop effects) with both the open source and fglrx drivers which ship with 9.04. For now you can get rid of the flicker by turning desktop effects off.

The latest fglrx driver (Catalyst 9.3) gets rid of that flicker by adding a feature called Redirected Direct Rendering, but that 9.3 driver won't work with Ubuntu 9.04. An upcoming driver release will give you Redirected Direct Rendering on Ubuntu 9.04, which should get rid of the flicker even when Desktop Effects are turned on.

If you are running open source drivers you will have three different drivers; the X driver (called -ati or -radeon), the kernel driver (drm), and the 3D driver (mesa).

If you are running the ATI Proprietary driver (fglrx) there will still be an X driver, a drm driver and a 3D driver, but they are all called fglrx and are all installed as a set.

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) helps to remove the jagged edges on angled parts of the image; won't help with flicker.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        but that 9.3 driver won't work with Ubuntu 9.04.
        What about FC10 does 9.3 support that linux ?
        Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        An upcoming driver release will give you Redirected Direct Rendering on Ubuntu 9.04,
        Does RDR increase CPU usage ?

Comment

Working...
        X