Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FirePro 4900 - Driver fails with "DKMS part of installation failed" [fglrx-8.982.8.3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirePro 4900 - Driver fails with "DKMS part of installation failed" [fglrx-8.982.8.3]

The amd-driver-installer--8.982.8.3-x86.x86_64.run fails to install on my newly built rig [Sabertooth 990fx + Fx8350 + 32GB RAM] running Mint Nadia(64-bit). It fails with "DKMS part of installation failed. Please refer to /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log for details".

########### fglrx-install.log ###############
    Check if system has the tools required for installation.
    Uninstalling any previously installed drivers.

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.982.8.3/source ->
    /usr/src/fglrx-8.982.8.3

DKMS: add completed.

Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel. Skipping...

Building module:
    cleaning build area....
    cd /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.982.8.3/build; sh make.sh --nohints --uname_r=3.5.0-17-generic --norootcheck....(bad exit status: 1)
    [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to build fglrx-8.982.8.3 with DKMS
    [Error] Kernel Module : Removing fglrx-8.982.8.3 from DKMS

------------------------------
    Deleting module version: 8.982.8.3
    completely from the DKMS tree.
    ------------------------------
    Done.
    [Reboot] Kernel Module : update-initramfs
    ######################################

I tried contacting AMD, and other than autoreply I got nothing AMD->Thanks for supporting people who buy your professional line of graphics cards !

The opensource driver works well except for one thing - 10 bit / per channel colour support (My monitor has a 8 bit panel but a wider LUT).

I did read in this very forum that a patch was needed to make the driver work for Kernel Versions > 3 but it was mentioned that the patch was not needed for 64-bit.

Any help is appreciated.
Working...
X