KDE Amarok 2.7 Coming Very Soon With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Now if only Amarok was to add MIDI files to the music collection.
    File a bug report.The Amarok guys are one of the more active teams within KDE.
    The worst experience I had with a bug report was that they fixed the bug but forgot to mark the report as fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
      Are you fucking retarded? Where did I said something bad about Amarok? I like Amarok, why don't you direct your crappy comments to someone else? Fucking moron.
      That wasn't directed at you, but at people complaining Amarok isn't the greatest player ever. I was trying to point out that anyone of us can find a player we don't like, yet we don't go chasing for threads complaining about them.
      Thanks for the insult, though.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
        I'm using KDE since version 3. I do not like players covering a big annoying window. I always used Audacious (yes, gtk). It does what it have to do, play music. Small interface, filters, plugins, equalizer, playlist, and skinnable.
        I recommend you to give a try to qmmp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
          You could give qmmp a try. It's WinAMP lile Linux media player written in Qt.
          Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          I recommend you to give a try to qmmp.
          Thank you both. Yes, qmmp is the kind of player I was referring to (small interface). But I really feel comfortable with Audacious which was the first one I used many years ago and I have not problem using gtk things. Audacious also uses Winamp 2 Skins.
          Thank you.
          Last edited by YAFU; 15 December 2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboard View Post
            I must live in an alternate dimension. Horrible UI? Amarok's UI is my favorite. It's so simple. Sources on one side, playlist on the other. Click on a source and it gets dumped into a playlist. Easy. Though I wish the sources panel was tabbed like in Clementine, instead of hierarchical. It's annoying having to go back to the root menu to switch to internet streams, instead of just tabbing between sources (I'm sure there are people that prefer not having a tab bar taking up space...). But it's not a big deal. I also use phonon-VLC.

Amarok does have problems, but the UI isn't one of them.
            What happened to the horrible lyric thing in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
              What happened to the horrible lyric thing in the middle?
              This may come as a shock, but that's configurable. You can actually not display it.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                This may come as a shock, but that's configurable. You can actually not display it.
                Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                  Since when?
                  Since always

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    You can also stack it on top of any other component, making it a tab that you can switch back and forth from. That is what I do (playlist on the left, collection and lyrics tabbed on the right). You could even theoretically make all three one tab.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
                      You can also stack it on top of any other component, making it a tab that you can switch back and forth from. That is what I do (playlist on the left, collection and lyrics tabbed on the right). You could even theoretically make all three one tab.
                      Right. As much as some like to dismiss Amarok 2.x for not being Amarok 1.x, htis thing has a lot going for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X