Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grinch That Delayed FreeBSD 9.1

Phoronix: The Grinch That Delayed FreeBSD 9.1

It's currently unknown when FreeBSD 9.1 will be officially released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

FreeBSD 9.1 RELEASE was released 7 days ago...

There is always a little time between the RELEASE and the RELEASE announcement...

Comment

Its done already

It has already been tagged and is being redistributed vie csup since Dec, 1st (this has also been retweeted by the official freebsd twitter). There is currently work on the mirroring and load distribution infrastructure (also for the new pkg system), thats why its probly taking longer to roll out the ISOs, after which the announcement will be made.

Comment

(Random comment about the relevance of the missed goal of the FreeBSD Foundation.)

Comment

Why waste time on a mediocre BSD clone?

Comment

Why waste time on a mediocre Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Hobo View Post
              Why waste time on a mediocre Linux?
              Precisely: A mediocre BSD clone.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                C'mon be honest! Which has a better chance to become the next windows?
                I am not searching for the next Windows. Why should I want another Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
                  Hopefully never. And all those programmers come here help make linux better.
                  NO, hell no ... it seems like the "diversity" speech ends where linux ends.
                  Improving the FLOSS ecosystem for everyone (submitting code that benefits us all platforms) is another story ... which I support

Comment

FreeBSD has all the drivers I need to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X