Clear All

• Missed the BSD news then, huh?

Comment

• you no longer entertain me troll

I'm out

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
        Missed the BSD news then, huh?
        I think he might consider BSD news a tangent, kind of like the Oktoberfest stuff that bores me to death.

Personally I never understood what was wrong with (or all that great about) BSD to begin with. It strikes me that by and large you aren't going to know about your kernel anyway. You've got a desktop environment running on top of magic and it should be invisible. What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
          I'm out
          Finally. Here's your fish: <?)))))><

Originally posted by Larian View Post
          you aren't going to know about your kernel anyway.
          Why? It is as open as yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
            you no longer entertain me troll
            Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
            Finally. Here's your fish: <?)))))><
            Every single Phoronix thread turns into this after degenerates like yourselves have a nothing fight about nothingness, finally resorting to personal attacks and mud slinging. Meanwhile, noone else is convinced but the thread is hijacked, preventing real discussion.

On topic:
            This pattern with Ubuntu has me wondering. Anyone else see a tipping point happening here in the industry as a whole?

When I ask this, some people say "I heard that 5 years ago", "I heard that 10 years ago", but with Steam "rolling" out here, distros like Ubuntu going through what looks like "commercialization growing pains, and Microsoft making crazy moves to stay relevant, I think this crap might just happen. We're finally getting ready to take on the desktop.

Industry turning point. Holy cow that would be exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
              Why? It is as open as yours.
              You misunderstand (and misquote) me. I said that by and large you aren't going to know about your kernel, meaning it's supposed to be invisible and buried under the desktop environment. If, when using your operating system in a normal manner, you are actively thinking about your kernel on a regular basis, something is wrong.

Comment

• Ah. No, I don't. Linux users do. I never have to.
                Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks for the clearance.

Comment

Working...
                X