Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E17 Goes Into Beta

Phoronix: Enlightenment E17 Goes Into Beta

After pushing out eight alpha releases in a feverish pace, Enlightenment E17 is now into a beta state after being in active development for the past decade...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now this is a nice start into the weekend. A bunch of good news instead of Secure Boot and MS and stuff like that.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      Now this is a nice start into the weekend. A bunch of good news instead of Secure Boot and MS and stuff like that.
      As long as we don't have a company dedicated to linux you ll continue to hear bad news on these fronts. As for E17 i sooooooo much want it to succeed and become popular.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        As long as we don't have a company dedicated to linux you ll continue to hear bad news on these fronts.
        Yeah, too bad Red Hat just disappeared from the face of the earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          Yeah, too bad Red Hat just disappeared from the face of the earth?
          I meant HW company. Laptops desktops that will come with open bioses (ie coreboot) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            I meant HW company. Laptops desktops that will come with open bioses (ie coreboot) etc.
            And what does that have to do with Linux?
            Android devices all run Linux and yet most's bootloaders are locked.
            The first major PC with a locked bootloader was the initial Chromebook which also runs Linux.

Comment

Haha, I want to see that - linux laptops with locked bootloaders that cannot boot Windows

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Haha, I want to see that - linux laptops with locked bootloaders that cannot boot Windows
                As I wrote: Chromebooks

Comment

Surely you can install Windows on the x86 chromebooks in dev mode?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Surely you can install Windows on the x86 chromebooks in dev mode?
                    No: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/...c7-chromebook/ (last section talks about Windows)

Comment

Working...
                    X