Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Nouveau Lights Up The GK106 Kepler

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    If you are so sure of their words, just go ask nvidia now - "When does this "bug" gets resolved".
    If they say "never", don't make confused face.
    There is no "bug". A bug would be a feature not working correctly. But what we have here is a feature (specifically overclocking) not being there at all, because the devs consciously decided not to implement it. Big difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Reclocking is ability to change clocks. Its absent, see above.
    Reclocking is switching between pre-programmed performance levels. It's there in the nvidia driver. Beginnings of it are in nouveau as well, but to provide it fully, the nouveau devs will need to do what they need to do for any other feature - reverse-engineer it.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    No, they are not "doing nothing". Doing nothing means - continue actions.
    Err, what? Doing nothing means... doing nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    But what they did, they cut and removed features and driver that could lead to faster nouveau development, and ONLY those.
    They stopped developing the nv driver. But they didn't "cut" or "remove" anything from it.


    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Overclocking has everything to do with reclocking!
    Reclocking is switching between pre-programmed performance levels. Overclocking is setting freqs beyond those pre-programmed ones. The two need to be implemented separately.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    The reclocking logic is working within the driver!
    Wait, wait, didn't you say before reclocking is absent? You did, I even quoted it! Who's the troll here, I wonder.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    They removed only the coolbits - ability to manually change/force clocks.
    Again, they didn't "remove" it, they never implemented it. And no, your conspiracy theory is not the only reason for that.

    Overclocking is dangerous. Today's GPUs are beasts that produce a lot of heat, that have different parts clocked differently at a given moment, and those clocks are dynamically changing all the time. To mess with that and keep stability of the whole thing requires a very, very careful implementation. The Nvidia devs decided it would take too much time to tackle this challenge, so they decided to simply not tackle it.
    Last edited by Gusar; 12-15-2012 at 08:18 AM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusar View Post
    *kindergarten*
    Gusar, no need to write stupid child crap for me, go play in sand box!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Larabel
    Nouveau Reclocking: Buggy, But Can Boost Performance
    What this new code allows for the NV50 hardware is to properly change the GPU core, graphics memory, and shader clock speeds in real-time along with the memory timings, voltage, and fan speed (though the power management itself is still premature and if manipulating the clocks it will just force the fan(s) to run at 100% speed).
    Go, troll Larabel
    Last edited by crazycheese; 12-15-2012 at 08:27 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Gusar, no need to write stupid child crap for me, go play in sand box!
    How typical. Instead of admitting you're wrong, you resort to this. Lame.
    Last edited by Gusar; 12-15-2012 at 08:56 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusar View Post
    How typical. Instead of admitting you're wrong, you resort to this. Lame.
    Ha, your goal is to make me admit something! That means your head is already full, made up and predictable, and you are here not for questions, but for exclamations
    Well, I don't need anyone to bullshit me, thank you!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    Ha, your goal is to make me admit something!
    Dafuq?

    I don't have any "goal". You *are* wrong. You are mixing up reclocking and overclocking, when they're two different things, requiring different handling. It's in *your* interest to accept that, but if you instead choose to remain ignorant...

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gusar View Post
    Dafuq?

    I don't have any "goal". You *are* wrong. You are mixing up reclocking and overclocking, when they're two different things, requiring different handling. It's in *your* interest to accept that, but if you instead choose to remain ignorant...
    Lolwut? I am incorrect in everything because I define reclocking as RE[1]CLOCKING[2]?!
    Gusar, you forgot to "edit the internet" before trolling me

    You know exactly what I meant, when I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycheese View Post
    The reclocking logic is working within the driver! Even for newer nvidia GPUs. They removed only the coolbits - ability to manually change/force clocks. The ONLY reason to do that is to prevent projects like nouveau to detect GPU state magic when manually changing clocks, including automated way - and as such to reverse and implement own clock change tool/logic.
    Its like car with automatic shift. There is no shift outside, but there is shifting inside. And you can't control it and its hidden deeply within the obfuscated logic.
    Yet you try contradict me
    Your are either stupid or purposely lying, both kindergarten - for children or big children. Take your pick.
    Maybe, after you "edit the internet" on reclocking definition, and after trolling Michael Larabel, you go troll car industry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •