Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkTable 1.1 Supports OpenCL For Images

Phoronix: DarkTable 1.1 Supports OpenCL For Images

DarkTable is an open-source photography workflow application and RAW developer that provides a virtual light table and dark-room. The 1.1 release of this leading free software program for dealing with RAW images now supports utilizing OpenCL plus other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh nice. Probably OpenCL is not far implemented in the free driver stack but anyway. I used darktable and quite liked it. So some accel won't hurt, even if you probably need the blob drivers for a real boost.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Benchmarks

Are there any benchmarks about how much OpenCL improves speed?

Comment

Originally posted by Ares Drake View Post
        Many readers will have already heard about GPU processing and the fact that darktable can make use of OpenCL to improve performance. As we still lack a detailed documentation of that topic, please find here a few explanations and howtos. The Background Processing high resolution images belongs to the more demanding tasks in modern computing. Both, in terms of memory requirements and in terms of CPU power, getting the best out of a typical 15, 20 or 25 Megapixel image can quickly bring your computer to its limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
          Oh nice. Probably OpenCL is not far implemented in the free driver stack but anyway. I used darktable and quite liked it. So some accel won't hurt, even if you probably need the blob drivers for a real boost.
          In order to have OpenCL with the FOSS drivers work from T.Stellard on the LLVM has to be accepted upstream, right???

Comment

Originally posted by Ares Drake View Post
            I don't know if speed is all that important. I chose nx2 over lightroom because of control points and d-lighting. Speed is nice, but features are nicer.

Comment

Working...
            X