Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHEL 6.4 Beta Improves Microsoft Support

Phoronix: RHEL 6.4 Beta Improves Microsoft Support

The first public beta of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 is now available for testing. RHEL 6.4 is packing many changes, including the integration of Microsoft's virtualization drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

noob question. what do you have to do to go from one point release to the other. ex. 6.2 to 6.3 to 6.4

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
      noob question. what do you have to do to go from one point release to the other. ex. 6.2 to 6.3 to 6.4
      Should just be a 'yum update' away. The point releases are when they include big changes and also when they release ISO's (in the case of CentOS and Scientific) so that you have the most up to date packages and dont have to 'yum update' for 6hours to get everything up to latest
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Any news on the PHP version they are shipping? The 5.3.3 build on red hat 6.3 is so old and full of bugs I can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
          Any news on the PHP version they are shipping? The 5.3.3 build on red hat 6.3 is so old and full of bugs I can't stand it.
          PHP version in Red Hat 6.x will stay the same trough the entire life cycle of the product. If you stumble on an actual bug (other then PHP itself), report it trough Red Hat's bugzilla and it will get fixed.

That being said, if you don't know about backporting and this feature is not why you choose to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux in the first place, than you would probably be better off running something else... like Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            You sure it doesn't have backported patches? RHEL packages are usually quite removed from mainline releases...

Comment

Working...
            X