Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenACC Still Not Loved By Open Compilers

Phoronix: OpenACC Still Not Loved By Open Compilers

While an open industry standard, the leading open-source compilers still lack support for the OpenACC parallel programming standard...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One needs a site like distrowatch to monitor the cloud of parallel computing solutions cropping up all over.

Comment

Indeed. Anyone have made a comparison of them all?

Comment

As a developer, OpenMP is the most attractive of all the options available right now. Its a single pragma command, and this code changes are minimal. You don't use the GPU (which is another major variable; you can slow processing is the GPU is too weak or if loads are not massively parallel, which you don't want, obviously).

Essentially, if I want more CPU parallization, I use OpenMP. If I also want to use the GPU, I use OpenCL. I fully expect all the other parallel API's to die off fairly quickly.

Comment

Working...
        X