Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM Cortex-A15 GCC Compiler Tuning Performance

Phoronix: ARM Cortex-A15 GCC Compiler Tuning Performance

To complement the recent compiler benchmarking on the ARM Cortex-A15 as found in the Samsung Exynos 5 Dual with the Samsung Chromebook, here's some compiler tuning benchmark results from the speedy low-power ARM system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does gcc even have Cortex-A15 optimizations (and not just map cortex-a15 options to generic armv7-a)? I can't find anything like cortex-a15.md in the gcc sources...

Comment

Originally posted by ssvb View Post
      Does gcc even have Cortex-A15 optimizations (and not just map cortex-a15 options to generic armv7-a)? I can't find anything like cortex-a15.md in the gcc sources...
      cortex-a15.md exists at least on the trunk: http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/trunk/gcc/config/arm/
      I didn't look at the 4.7 branch since the SVN web interface is so slow...

EDIT : also in 4.7 branch: http://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=...gcc-4_7-branch
      Last edited by ldesnogu; 04 December 2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Right, just spotted it there. I wonder how could I have missed it earlier when I got my Chromebook and tried to get a good understanding of Cortex-A15 instruction scheduling rules. The vendor documentation is unfortunately getting progressively worse with each new CPU core. The "Cycle Timings and Interlock Behavior" section of Cortex-A9 TRM was already a joke.

EDIT: that must have been gcc 4.6, it has some cortex-a15 references, but no cortex-a15.md file.
        Last edited by ssvb; 04 December 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X