Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel HD 4000 "Ivy Bridge" Linux Kernel Comparison

Phoronix: Intel HD 4000 "Ivy Bridge" Linux Kernel Comparison

Up today are benchmarks comparing the Intel open-source Linux kernel graphics (DRM) driver performance on recent releases with the HD 4000 "Ivy Bridge" graphics processor as found on the Intel Core i7 3770K processor.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Again no Doom3

Comment

tremolous perf drop

hello,

did you investigate the perf drop for tremulous?

it would be extremely useful if PTS had an automated way of doing bissection tests in order to find the guilty commit...
      in such cases. Maybe by triggering the bissection search manually to avoid abusing the host.

But it may already be able to do so, I haven't checked.

what do you think?

Comment

Those Warsow results look interesting. At both 1280x1024 and 1920x1080, the resolution for almost all kernels was capped at almost exactly 42 fps. I'm assuming that there's a CPU bottleneck somewhere that's prevening things from improving, or some internal cap in the game engine (although 42 fps seems like a weird fps cap).

Comment

Originally posted by VinceLe View Post
          hello,

did you investigate the perf drop for tremulous?

it would be extremely useful if PTS had an automated way of doing bissection tests in order to find the guilty commit...
          in such cases. Maybe by triggering the bissection search manually to avoid abusing the host.

But it may already be able to do so, I haven't checked.

what do you think?
          PTS has long been able to do it - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=search&q=bisect
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Taylor Bright, a Philadelphia native, has come a long way as an actress, singer and a songwriter. Bright was 15 when she acquired an enthusiastic online following. With a youthful style of pop; her song “Striped Socks” was a hit in the teen market and made its presence felt on Billboard’s dance charts. But artists grow and evolve, and Bright’s music has matured considerably since then; today, she favors a much edgier approach to her song writing. Bright, having left behind the pop-rock of her past, characterizes her present direction as “pop with an urban edge and familiar dance undertone.” That direction is perhaps best exemplified in the infectious single “Always Be This Way”, executive produced by Jim Beanz. http://www.facebook.com/TaylorBrightPage

Comment

Working...
            X