Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARM & Steam Continue Exciting Linux Enthusiasts

Phoronix: ARM & Steam Continue Exciting Linux Enthusiasts

With November coming to a close, here's some statistics on the most popular content on Phoronix this month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I read the title and thought Steam was coming to ARM.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea you might be taking a step aside. While some people may find your journalistic style somewhat abrasive or sensationalist, I've found your posts usually have a fair degree of personality to enhance and elaborate on the points of the articles you post. You just don't get quite the same perspective anywhere else, and I think it has real value.

Even though I've been reading Phoronix for a few years now, I never really thought seriously about subscribing. But hearing news like that kinda' brings it home how much I've gained from this site's perspective, and how much I've learned.

Thanks.

Comment

sad news

It really is a sad news...

Michael, may be find a few people who you can trust and let them crete news perhaps? 'Outsource, open source' the page. :P

It really is sad for me.

Comment

I heard from a reliable source that Michael is dying of cancer and he's submitted his site to be a proud partner of a Unix promoting company.
          R.I.P. Michael.

The email:
          Subject: Charity Assistance

Hello Friend.
          As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me because i believe everyone will die someday. My name is Michael,

I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer . It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business asthat was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the moneyin the world.

I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends.

I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity ganizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth.

Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them.

The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty million united states dollars that I have with a finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations. I have set aside 10 % for you and for your time. God be with you.

Regards,
          Michael.
          Last edited by mark45; 01 December 2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

if its a joke

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            I heard from a reliable source that Michael is dying of cancer and he's submitted his site to be a proud partner of a Unix promoting company.
            R.I.P. Michael.

The email:
            It's not at all funny.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
              It's not at all funny.
              Have you received an email from "Saeed Ahmed a merchant in Dubai", claiming that he is dying and needs you to receive his fortune so you can donate it to charity? In particular, "diagnosed with Esophageal cancer. It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live". It is simply a pathetic scam. If you would like a step by step explanation of how this type of "Advance Fee Fraud" works, see this website.

I guess it was a joke. It's pretty much word for word from this scam.

Comment

Maybe that's what shows up in your statistics of page hits because they are the only 2 things you wrote about lately?

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                  It's not at all funny.
                  The link is to SCO's home page, so I'm assuming it's a joke.

Michael,

I hope that you've found someone who will take over the site's daily publishing operations in the same spirit as you've left it. Your website is one of my most frequent hits on the internet because of the news topics, and succinctness of the reviews/articles. I also wish you luck in your next endeavour. Hopefully we'll still see your face around here.

Comment

Phoronix needs better or alternative color design
                    And at least several own projects or competitions, for the site itself.
                    The news were very good and phoromatic is genial thing, thanks for what you did and best of luck! Prost!

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    R.I.P. Michael.

The email:
                    My sarcasm-o-meter is broken now, you own me a new one! The XL model please!

Comment

Working...
                    X