Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Arena 7.65 To Bring Huge Renderer Enhancements

Phoronix: Alien Arena 7.65 To Bring Huge Renderer Enhancements

The open-source Alien Arena game is going to see a major update soon that will enhance its renderer and bring other improvements. Alien Arena 7.65 is this exciting game update that's forthcoming...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Alien Arena 7.65 To Bring Huge Renderer Enhancements

The open-source Alien Arena game is going to see a major update soon that will enhance its renderer and bring other improvements. Alien Arena 7.65 is this exciting game update that's forthcoming...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIzOTc
    I still dislike their models...those things are ugly. And not in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
      Nearly no one contributed in their fundraiser for new game assets:

Crowdfund innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream and support entrepreneurs that are working to bring their dreams to life.

Comment

No external links on phoronix?

Interesting, will go and check it out... not for me ofcourse... just to help testing it

p.s.
        @michael, could you add external links to your articles, this would be very helpful in most articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitiquinho View Post
          Nearly no one contributed in their fundraiser for new game assets:

http://www.indiegogo.com/alienarena
          nice that I learn about it now that it's over.

Comment

The third pic's shadows look pretty bad. Was this called acne, or swimming or ?

Comment

Could be a cheap way of bluring the shadow edges.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
                Could be a cheap way of bluring the shadow edges.
                It's four sample dithering - a fast method for blurring shadow edges, and something that is not noticeable in normal game play.

Actually though, that pic was taken a bit ago, the edges have since been made softer and without the dithering lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                  They are my personal artwork, and I am proud of them. It's ok if others don't like them, I'm not looking for anyone to replace the art - it's *my* artistic expressions That is the entire reason I created the game to begin with. I hope others understand my position.

Comment

Originally posted by Irritant View Post
                    They are my personal artwork, and I am proud of them. It's ok if others don't like them, I'm not looking for anyone to replace the art - it's *my* artistic expressions That is the entire reason I created the game to begin with. I hope others understand my position.
                    Hey!

Don't let dumb comments get you down. Few people actually take the plunge to do the work you have done in AE.

Keep up the good work as I know many of AE players appreciate it

Kind Regards,
                    Arno

Comment

Working...
                    X