Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to handle kernel paging request

Hello,

I tried to find any information regarding this, even tried contacting nvidia, but without luck. Hoping somebody can shed some light on the situation.

I am running Linux on MacBook Pro 6,1 and the last nvidia driver that I managed to get working is 295.53. Everything newer fails.

With 295.53 screen goes totally blank as soon as Xorg starts up, and the only way to make it work is to suspend to RAM and then resume (did not try suspend to disk). After that it works perfectly.

302 series caused the computer to lock completely, so I did not manage to capture anything useful. With
    304 and 310 the screen stays black, but instead of a complete lock I get a kernel oops:

BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000000002658

It always the same number, even with different kernel versions and different nvidia blob versions. Could be bad RAM, but cannot really say, because memtest86(+) cannot run on EFI machines. Also nouveau driver works fine (most of the time).

And here is the entire nvidia-bug-report.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Very funny, i did not hear of an UEFI motherboard that has got no CSM to boot from a standard media. Just get an iso/usb key image of memtest86+ and use it.

Comment

Working...
    X