Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Sees A Few Fixes

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gallium3D Driver Sees A Few Fixes

For those that don't closely follow the Mesa Git repository, there's finally a few more "RadeonSI" Gallium3D driver fixes that arrived this morning for slowly but surely bringing up the AMD Radeon HD 7000 series 3D support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

that's not too worthwhile if you are after actually after using your expensive high-end graphics card for real work.
    Why would you use OSS drivers for real work with an expensive high-end graphics card to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
      Why would you use OSS drivers for real work with an expensive high-end graphics card to begin with...
      Because you value long investment time and stability. Opensource / proprietary have nothing to do with quality.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        Because you value long investment time and stability. Opensource / proprietary have nothing to do with quality.
        Who's talking about quality? I'm trying to say here that RadeonSI to me looks quite reasonable already. More or less on par with gma500_gfx. And people are not expecting to run super demanding applications on OSS drivers anyway.

Comment

Who's talking about quality? I'm trying to say here that RadeonSI to me looks quite reasonable already. More or less on par with gma500_gfx. And people are not expecting to run super demanding applications on OSS drivers anyway.
          I'm!!

But PM on 5720 mobile, was not good when last time I checked.

Comment

Ready for testing

Michael, when was the last time you actually tried out radeonsi?

As I pointed out in the discussion of the previous article, it runs many real 3D apps fine now.

In fact, it would be great if more people started testing it and reporting bugs with real apps (which it's still easy to run into, make no mistake).

Comment

I am. I amm expecting to run super demanding applications on OSS drivers.
              I understand the offset created by ClosedGL (now more open with ES version), but generally opensource or proprietary have nothing to do with quality.

Comment

Working...
              X