Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Still Being Tried For 3.2

Phoronix: AMD R600 LLVM Back-End Still Being Tried For 3.2

There's just a few weeks to go until the release of LLVM 3.2, but AMD is still trying to get its "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    AMD is still trying to get its "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release.

Going back to March, AMD has been trying to merge its R600 GPU back-end that is optionally used by their open-source graphics driver stack
    That's a rather inaccurate description of the code. Here, let me help you with that:
    AMD OSS developers are still trying to get a "R600" GPU back-end merged into this next compiler infrastructure release.

Going back to March, the AMD OSS developers have been trying to merge a R600 GPU back-end that is optionally used by the open-source graphics driver stack
    (I wonder to myself whether you're intentionally contributing to misinformation or is purely unintentional ??)

Comment

I wonder to myself whether you're intentionally contributing to misinformation or is purely unintentional ??

Comment

Working...
      X