Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please stop replying to spam bots.

Comment

How is it possible all this differences between open and fglrx? I cannot use fglrx from 12.04 ubuntu or linux mint 9 because of stuttering and audio/video conflicts perhpas some progblems concerning with agpgart or some other of misterious.

In 12.10 I cannot install fglrx I don't know why.

I hope open drivers improves.

Comment

Is it possible linux engineers cannot make versatile linux operative systems giving the possibility to install the best drivers version as well as microsoft systems? dependecies limit linux systems. I cannot install older driver fglrx version because of xorg version! It's so difficult to understand this occurrency!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          Is it possible linux engineers cannot make versatile linux operative systems giving the possibility to install the best drivers version as well as microsoft systems? dependecies limit linux systems. I cannot install older driver fglrx version because of xorg version! It's so difficult to understand this occurrency!?
          WIndows sticks with an ABI for the life of the product. For the most part a driver that works with windows 7 when it was released will work with windows 7 when it's EOLed years later. On Linux, internal kernel APIs and the xserver ABI changes in just about every release, plus you need to adapt to distro specific quirks so it is significantly more work to keep up with the latest Linux distros compared to windows. It's a trade-off. There are advantages to both ways of doing things.

Comment

I want to see just how long Phoronix is going to pretend that Southern Islands does not exist when carrying out comparative reviews between the fglrx and Radeon drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X