Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Driver Update Improves Old Hardware Support

Phoronix: Intel Driver Update Improves Old Hardware Support

Chris Wilson has continued with the xf86-video-intel 2.20.x point releases...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

And AMD totally forgot their product which was selling still one year ago. F**k you AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
      And AMD totally forgot their product which was selling still one year ago. F**k you AMD.
      Huh ?

Test signature

Comment

Ooh, nice, we happen to have a laptop with a Cantiga GPU. One more thing to look forward to.

Comment

I have two laptops with 855GME chipsets so it's nice to seem some work on the drivers for old hardware.

Comment

My ancient Radeon 7500/9200 cards that I still use in certain machines received new updates with the radeon driver less than a year ago...
            Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still, nice to see that I can still sometimes see updates for the graphics chip in my brothers Lenovo.

Comment

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

Comment

He seems to talking about AMD's catalyst driver, not the OSS driver. They do tend to be too quick to label cards "Legacy" with catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by bwat47 View Post
                  He seems to talking about AMD's catalyst driver, not the OSS driver. They do tend to be too quick to label cards "Legacy" with catalyst.
                  Yeah, but the article was about the also free Intel driver. Continuing support for older cards is pretty much excellent with radeon, and it is nice to see that things seem to be good with Intel.

Comment

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eettttttttt

thx chris wilson

now

how do I install it?

can I even install it or do I have to wait for kernel 3.8 ????

(never installed a driver in linux)

Comment

Working...
                    X