LibreOffice 4.0 Alpha 1 Is Freed For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    $150 and $140 are hardly better numbers, you know.
    Perhaps your Amazon is broken.

Office: $90
    Full Windows 8: $70

That is a far cry from $500 and $150 originally quoted, as well as the $150 and $140 you got. At least, they are for me.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      The templates in LibreOffice still looks like they're from 1995.
      Submit some new ones, then.

Comment

Originally posted by locovaca View Post
        It's not. what you should be looking at is "List price". The current price is just because of discounts and is not the "regular" price.

Comment

That is a far cry from $500 and $150 originally quoted, as well as the $150 and $140 you got. At least, they are for me.
          local store
          Office Retail - 114 Euro
          Windows 7 Home Premium Retail - 170 Euro
          1 Euro equals approx. $1.1 in real prices

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
            local store
            Office Retail - 114 Euro
            Windows 7 Home Premium Retail - 170 Euro
            1 Euro equals approx. $1.1 in real prices
            Am I wrong or was it only a german exception that you just can buy systembuilder versions of microsoft software without to build a system? If thats against the american law, whats the reason behind microsoft writing such stuff in their EULA if its generally illigal worldwide? If so should we try to make a law suite, for trying to confuse people with illigel EULAs? I dont get it? Or am I right and you are wrong and pointing to systembuilder versions is for non-german people just bullshit?

And to the home version:

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

If I start then a business or something like "Freiberufler" and the difference between job and privat live gets fluid... I risk to get suid by microsoft? Thanx then I dont risk a law suit for hundret billions or so... I go with the 100% free 100% shure no law suit bought solution... Btw I just found some interesting latex packages where I can use fields and loops... so that becomes a good option.

Btw even if you like the WYSIWYG Thing (I dont, because I am no designer more a developer, so I will always fail to make a better design than some design gurus who wrote this latex desgins) one thing Libreoffice AND MS office really sucks... you cant just git add such a file and see diffs because its both more or less blobs. Thats the biggest problem with that formats... its just technicaly sad that you dont have git-power to this mostly "Text"-Dokuments. And it could be such simple just give a option to save as directory instead of a zip... and load from a directory and just dont zip the content and all would be great.
            Last edited by blackiwid; 28 November 2012, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
              Am I wrong or was it only a german exception that you just can buy systembuilder versions of microsoft software without to build a system? If thats against the american law, whats the reason behind microsoft writing such stuff in their EULA if its generally illigal worldwide? If so should we try to make a law suite, for trying to confuse people with illigel EULAs? I dont get it? Or am I right and you are wrong and pointing to systembuilder versions is for non-german people just bullshit?

And to the home version:

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

If I start then a business or something like "Freiberufler" and the difference between job and privat live gets fluid... I risk to get suid by microsoft? Thanx then I dont risk a law suit for hundret billions or so... I go with the 100% free 100% shure no law suit bought solution... Btw I just found some interesting latex packages where I can use fields and loops... so that becomes a good option.

Btw even if you like the WYSIWYG Thing (I dont, because I am no designer more a developer, so I will always fail to make a better design than some design gurus who wrote this latex desgins) one thing Libreoffice AND MS office really sucks... you cant just git add such a file and see diffs because its both more or less blobs. Thats the biggest problem with that formats... its just technicaly sad that you dont have git-power to this mostly "Text"-Dokuments. And it could be such simple just give a option to save as directory instead of a zip... and load from a directory and just dont zip the content and all would be great.
              An EULA is only legal in Germany if it was handed out to you while buying the product (printed on the package, a screen before buying it online ( see http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endbenutzer-Lizenzvertrag ). If you only buy a CD and see the EULA the first time you install it, it has no effect. And even if it is shown to you while buying, it has to comply with the German AGB norm (??307 - 309 BGB) which is not the case most of the times. So you can just ignore EULA in Germany most of the time.
              Last edited by droste; 28 November 2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxhippy View Post
                Probably the real reason is OpenOffice was done in a cross-platform way in the mid-1990, when there were no true cross-platform libraries available - so they did everything by their own - including writing their own user interface toolkit!. Until MS which has a huge budget on Office, however, nobody found the time and money to refactor it as time went by.
                The suite of Star* programs actually goes back to the 1980s (and it ran on multiple platforms back then too), although maybe the current code base might indeed date back to the early or mid-1990s.

Comment

Lets see...

LibreOffice:
                  [x] runs on Linux
                  [x] opensource
                  [x] has enough features to work as office tool
                  [x] is free to have

MS Office
                  [_] runs on Linux
                  well the rest does not matter.

so stop flooding, you choose the wrong forum.

Been using LO since 3.0, and never had a better Office Suite EVER!

The ONLY thing I dislike is inability to turn auto-aligning for table sections off.

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                  Still no 1-click table management.

Still no 1-cllick image management

Still no vertical centralization of text

Still no auto-paragraphing

Auto-correct is still a joke.

PDF-editing is still a joke.

Microsoft. Office 2013, now. Shut up and take my money.
                  Give me your money, and receive a nice big cup of:

in return,

Because MSO does not run under Linux! GAME OVER.

So feel free to bake MSO DVDs up your tosterass!

Comment

Google knows what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboard View Post

Google knows what's up.
                      But you don't know how to use google.

And speaking of MSO:

Last edited by crazycheese; 28 November 2012, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X