Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A15 Linux Benchmarks Continue

Phoronix: Dual-Core ARM Cortex-A15 Linux Benchmarks Continue

After having a few more days to run and benchmark the Samsung Chromebook, it continues to be a very interesting notebook computer. For $250 USD this notebook packs a Samsung Exynos 5 Dual SoC, which bears a dual-core 1.7GHz ARMv7 Cortex-A15 processor and delivers rather good performance results. Here's some more performance numbers when loading up the Chromebook with Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Useless benchmarks

The benchmarks are useless since they're not compared against anything as a reference.
    The benchmarked values by themselves doesn't say much.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      The benchmarks are useless since they're not compared against anything as a reference.
      The benchmarked values by themselves doesn't say much.
      From the article...

if you wish to compare your own Linux system against the Samsung Chromebook as that result file contains 34 tests. With having the Phoronix Test Suite installed, simply run 1211246-RA-EXYNOS5DU63.

Comment

Not going to bother waste my time and install PTS and benchmark just to see how it performs.
        That's what I expect from the article.

Comment

It sucks that the new chromebook has the RAM and SSD soldered to the motherboard. Otherwise a larger SSD and some more RAM it would've made it a great computer to run ubuntu on.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            Not going to bother waste my time and install PTS and benchmark just to see how it performs.
            That's what I expect from the article.
            Then wait for the full article

Stay tuned for the more thorough Phoronix coverage next week.
            The first part had comparison systems and there is no reason to believe that the second part will not. You are just ranting to hear your own voice.

Comment

Working...
            X