Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more.

Comment

See the decoder ring below the feature matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
        Wow. Closed source crap served by a company proud of its increasing patent portefolio.

That was a very new way of doing things. Oh wait it is not. It is right next to iphone on the shit-o-meter.

FAILphone.
        As far as I understand - it should be open sourced soon and it should allow community to build own version for N900/N950/N9!

Comment

Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
          You have reached a new level of stupid.
          No. He's very likely just killing time with trolling. The stupid people are the ones falling for it.

Comment

UI will open up(If not all open but most of it anyway):

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              I did a search on the commits page of mer for wayland and it says its merged. This means that sailfish uses it right??
              Probably not at wayland still doesn't work on top of any of the ARM SOC's.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                I did a search on the commits page of mer for wayland and it says its merged. This means that sailfish uses it right??
                No not yet, that's part of MeR/Nemo's Zypher project, it will eventually though...
                And as to those pondering over the UX, it hasn't been decided to what extent the entire UX will be open/closed, it depends on how their licensing is fully fleshed out.
                It may turn out that most of it's open, I think what will happen, is that Jolla will keep some bits closed, but keep most of it open for all Alliance members to use/extend.

And Sailfish is not really a fork of MeeGo, it is *kinda* a fork of MeR+Nemo....
                MeeGoCE (not Harmattan) was barely advanced before all resource were dropped at the start of 2011, they've just plodded along with the same code-base.
                I guess you could call MeR+Nemo (on which Sailfish is based) a fork of MeeGoCE, but it's less so than MeR+Nemo -> Sailfish.
                Last edited by jalyst; 25 November 2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X