randr 1.3 multi-gpu and crossfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randr 1.3 multi-gpu and crossfire?

I just read a snppet from the front page that briefly mentioned the possibility of randr 1.3 supporting multiple GPU's driving a single display?

Is that possible? What about crossfire and sli? Wouldnt this effectively be a better solution? If t is possible how would it work?

I think "multiple GPUs in a single X screen" meant "being able to extend an X session across multiple screens on multiple GPUs so you could drag windows from a screen on one GPU to a screen on the other GPU".
    Test signature

Comment

Ok

I guess, I need to pull my head out eh? Sorry for any irrational excitement I may have posed...

hehe

Comment

being able to extend an X session across multiple screens on multiple GPUs so you could drag windows from a screen on one GPU to a screen on the other GPU
        now that sounds really crazy. and difficult.

maybe because while reading this one i thought to myself "being able to drag a running application from one pc to another pc"

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          now that sounds really crazy. and difficult.

maybe because while reading this one i thought to myself "being able to drag a running application from one pc to another pc"
          you can already do that with dmx (http://dmx.sourceforge.net/).

Alex

Comment

I've always wanted to try dmx. In the grand 16 monitor setup described on the homepage:
            Compare the best free open source Desktop Environment Software at SourceForge. Free, secure and fast Desktop Environment Software downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory

Comment

Working...
            X