Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clang Can Analyze Code Comments, Generate Docs

Phoronix: Clang Can Analyze Code Comments, Generate Docs

Aside from why LLVM/Clang was ported to one of the fastest super computer's in the world and using Clang to implement Microsoft's C++ AMP, another interesting session at this month's LLVM Developers' Conference in San Jose was about using Clang to analyze code comments...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Haha, I wonder what it thinks of ascii art?

foo.c:46: warning: the bunny is badly drawn

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      foo.c.46: warning: Developer has too much time on their hands, recommend increasing workload

Joke aside, from a purely semantic point of view, ASCII art is just a nonsensical collection of letters and symbols, so it might complain that your comment does not seem to match and/or describe the code in any way. But who knows, so long as I receive flak for even commenting my code, because obviously I've got too little to do if I've got the time to write "useless" comments, so long there'll be little need for such things.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post

Heh, yeah. bar.c:6 warning: possible ascii penis ! : silence this warning with --allow-obscenity

Comment

A bit hard to follow the slides without commentary, but it looks very useful. The code I'm working on (which was an existing project) is sure to have LOTS of documentation errors and plenty of comment bitrot (happens easily with hundred of thousands of LOC)

Comment

No one reminds the autodoc feature of amiga sdk reading this news ?

Comment

Working...
            X