Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 Available -- with L4D2 improvements!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 Available -- with L4D2 improvements!

I guess none of us are playing L4D2 on Linux yet, but:

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA8 DRIVER

AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 is now available, and includes the following updates:
    (Please note that AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta8 includes all of the fixes found in previous versions of AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta)

Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
    Includes single GPU performance updates for Far Cry 3
    Improves CrossFire scaling for Planetside 2 (Crossfire scaling is still limited to ~30% at 2560x1600)
    Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
    AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 8 for Linux includes significant performance improvements for Left for Dead 2

I was about to have a whine about them not labelling their beta's correctly but I see they've included "beta8" this time.
    Time to replace their beta7 from last nights install.

Comment

so, they still love us

Great!

Comment

It kills steam.

Comment

from dmesg:

Nov 17 15:28:11 sterlingdesktops console-kit-daemon[1780]: WARNING: Failed to acquire org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit
          Nov 17 15:28:11 sterlingdesktops console-kit-daemon[1780]: WARNING: Could not acquire name; bailing out
          Nov 17 15:29:54 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_pplib_notify_event] *ERROR* PPLIB: PPLib Notify Event failed!
          Nov 17 15:29:54 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_pplib_notify_event] *ERROR* ulEventType = 00000023, ulEventData = 00000001
          Nov 17 15:31:57 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase] *ERROR* APL: apl initialize fail.
          Nov 17 15:32:20 sterlingdesktops last message repeated 46 times
          Nov 17 15:32:47 sterlingdesktops last message repeated 6 times

unable to run unigine benchmarks here

anyone else seeing this problem ?

Comment

no edit button?

ok I just went back to 12.10 and everything works.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul_keeper View Post
              from dmesg:

Nov 17 15:28:11 sterlingdesktops console-kit-daemon[1780]: WARNING: Failed to acquire org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit
              Nov 17 15:28:11 sterlingdesktops console-kit-daemon[1780]: WARNING: Could not acquire name; bailing out
              Nov 17 15:29:54 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_pplib_notify_event] *ERROR* PPLIB: PPLib Notify Event failed!
              Nov 17 15:29:54 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_pplib_notify_event] *ERROR* ulEventType = 00000023, ulEventData = 00000001
              Nov 17 15:31:57 sterlingdesktops kernel: [fglrx:firegl_apl_loadDatabase] *ERROR* APL: apl initialize fail.
              Nov 17 15:32:20 sterlingdesktops last message repeated 46 times
              Nov 17 15:32:47 sterlingdesktops last message repeated 6 times

unable to run unigine benchmarks here

anyone else seeing this problem ?
              Yes I face the same problem here!! openSuSE 12.2 x64, KDE 4.9, Xserver 1.13

Comment

Report it to AMD then.

Comment

Wow, there was actually a changelog? Does anybody know if the blob supports video accel on UVD? Cause this and the better framerates on 3d content are probably the only reasons I am eyeing over to it from time to time from my r600g point.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    Report it to AMD then.
                    Where to report it my friend??
                    At their reporting form they include ONLY Windoze versions for the choice Operating System!! Either for normal drivers or BETA ones...

Fools...

Comment

Working...
                    X