Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should There Be A Unified BSD Operating System?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryao View Post
    XorEaxEax, I want to know. Do you write code or do you just freeload on what others have done?
    Hmm... not sure that I understand the distinction you make between writing code or 'freeloading', are you suggesting that anyone not writing code (open source code I assume) are freeloaders if they _use_ open source?

Or was this not a question in a larger scope but something particularly directed at me, as in some ad hominem longshot of -'unless you write open source you should shut your mouth' or some such?

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
    Hmm, granted that xor eax, eax leads to zero, I seriously doubt it
    Hey, don't knock the importance of zero!

Reminds me of Futurama,

Bender: What an awful dream, ones and zeroes everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.
    Fry: It was just a dream bender, there's no such thing as a two.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      Obviously this was not FSF's intention and there's the affero GPL licence which deals with this shortcoming.
      Almost no one outside of GNU uses this extremely horrible license, so maybe that wasn't a short coming to anyone else?

If both companies were legally bound to release all their modifications then FreeBSD would move forward faster and Juniper and Cisco would have to compete on other strengths than 'the secret sauce'.
      Oh, you mean like the Apple/khtml debacle that had people whining about the unmanageably huge code dumps that met the terms of the license?

Comment

There should be none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
          There should be none at all.
          And why do you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by BitRot View Post
            And why do you think so?
            I don't. I just like to troll like some other stupid dumbasses in here.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
              Almost no one outside of GNU uses this extremely horrible license, so maybe that wasn't a short coming to anyone else?
              Exactly! I need to steal this project that was licensed to specifically deny it!

FIGHT THIS IDIOCY.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
                FIGHT THIS IDIOCY.
                Debian already did:

The outcome was AGPLv3 was not DFSG free

Comment

Wrong, my friend, the whole debate is about AGPL and what its definition considers to be a "user".

In no goddamn way does it mean that they hate GPL or that BSD is somehow "better" a license, yet isn't that exactly what you still managed to conclude in your tiny little head.

Or is it perhaps closed source that you're so eagerly promoting?

Comment

Yeah, a random link to a random discussion not saying what you quoted, I'm convinced... not.

From the main (free) Debian repository: owncloud (AGPL), otrs (AGPL)... it was a short fight it seems, AGPL won.

BTW, never heard of Launchpad or Gitorious?

Comment

Unfortunately AGPL won, it was a short fight. From the Debian (free) main repository: owncloud (AGPL), otrs (AGPL)...

Comment

Working...
                      X