Linus goes back to Gnome 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus goes back to Gnome 3.

Wow, that was a short experiment with KDE.
    Found via worldofgnome.org

Originally posted by liam View Post
    Found via worldofgnome.org
    Got your time line out of whack, the video is two weeks old, his google post is 8 days old.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Got your time line out of whack, the video is two weeks old, his google post is 8 days old.
      Looking at dates, looks the other way around. Apparently his stay on Gnome was a short one

But unless he explain, I guess he's just checking the current status of the mayor DE's.

Comment

Originally posted by darkcoder View Post
        Looking at dates, looks the other way around. Apparently his stay on Gnome was a short one But unless he explain, I guess he's just checking the current status of the mayor DE's.
        There's no need for explanation here. He tried gnome and switched to KDE. However g3 is not that bad compared to proprietary mess. I was forced to use win7 for two weeks and this is unusable crap. UI and OS suck badly.

Comment

Usally debian iso images install the complete meta package when internet access is available during install. That's not optimal for KDE and certainly not for Gnome. This way you get lots of completely useless stuff on hd. Debian as base is really a very good thing, but it is much smarter to install only the "good" packages. Kanotix focus is on productifity and out of the box experience - without completely filled menus.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
            There's no need for explanation here. He tried gnome and switched to KDE. However g3 is not that bad compared to proprietary mess. I was forced to use win7 for two weeks and this is unusable crap. UI and OS suck badly.
            I think GNOME 3 is worse than the proprietary interfaces. While GNOME 2 was much better.

I used to think Windows 7 was a mess, but after a while you get used to it and its alright. Even though GNOME 2 or GNOME 3 with Fallback Mode is nicer. GNOME 3 with GNOME Shell is worse though.

Windows 8 with that Metro shit is even worse. But you can get it to behave more sane like Windows 7 with Classic Shell.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
              liam, you really made it - now phoronix, putting this into news, has lost credibility once more.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                I think GNOME 3 is worse than the proprietary interfaces. While GNOME 2 was much better.

I used to think Windows 7 was a mess, but after a while you get used to it and its alright. Even though GNOME 2 or GNOME 3 with Fallback Mode is nicer. GNOME 3 with GNOME Shell is worse though.

Windows 8 with that Metro shit is even worse. But you can get it to behave more sane like Windows 7 with Classic Shell.
                i prefer the gnome 3 shell (from a conept point of view) by far over any other de out there. though its missing quite some features and enhancements.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  Kanotix focus is on productifity and out of the box experience - without completely filled menus.
                  Ya but have you ever had to deal with their project leader? ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X