Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel VA-API Video Support Takes In New Features

Phoronix: Intel VA-API Video Support Takes In New Features

The Intel VA-API 1.0.19 driver was released on Thursday and it's a feature release with some exciting additions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A very nice release.

Does someone have any knowledge if there's support for decent deinterlacers using intel/vaapi video playback ?

Comment

Tried it, introduced a bunch of artifacting on the i3-3225 on many h264 streams on playback in XBMC. Slapped in a GF 520 and flawless playback was back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
        Does someone have any knowledge if there's support for decent deinterlacers using intel/vaapi video playback ?
        Yeah, advanced deinterlacing, that would be "exciting additions" for me.

Comment

are there some (cheap) itx intel boards that are able to use or provide this VA-API stuff?

I consider to switch away from AMD maybe because I hate the bad situation here.

First I programmed here for my zacate systems a own kind of minitube flash-player tool which uses mplayer because else 1,5 cores are used from gstreamer just for 720p not to mention 1080p. I now switched to a tiling window manager not only because of this movie-disabled radeon drivers, but it has also a part in this desition.

So ok bad environments can help you to develop some stuff, but I want to be able to use a normal standart modern Desktop Environment with all its default apps, thats not possible with zacate, and now that amd fired more opensource linux devs the hope that in some hundret years the situation can become better is gone no totaly finaly so, is there such a thing or is it planed for next year?

I will buy my next machine in 1 or 2 years so I do not need it in a hurry but if amd and nvidia are to sold out by microsoft or something like that, I have no problem to go with the friendly monopolist that seems to be independend, ok maybe I switch to a loongson when there some bigger releases happen till than but if not intel would be my choice now after buying except a few exceptions only amd machines in my live.

Comment

Working...
          X