Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some strange problems with my new NVIDIA GTX680

Good evening together,

a few weeks ago i build up a new system with complete new hardware. After hardwareinstalling i set up openSUSE 12.2 and installed the latest nvidia drivers.
    Everything is running really good except Enemy Territory (short=ET) which is a online only first person shooter from 2003 based on the 2001 released Wolfenstein.
    The game uses openGL.

After i join the game i only got unstable ~75fps, sometimes verys unstable ~90fps. With my "old" ATI card i always got stable 125fps.
    But the big problem is that i got a full systemfreeze after playing the game for about some minutes.
    Also i detected that the left and right side of my ingame field of view is jiggleing alot. I cant describe it better with my poor english.

I can play games like Skyrim, Might & Magic Heroes VI or Mass Effect III through wine really fast and without any problems. The only game which freezes also is Metro2033 but i guess thats a wine issue.

I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it with a newm fresh and clean config which is written by the game during the first joining on a server. The result is exactly the same.
    I tried to uninstall the nvidia driver and reinstall it (i always use the distributionspecific packages to install new software). Result was the same.
    I completely reinstalled the OS (openSUSE) with the same result.

To be sure that i meet your requirements tell me what kind of informations you need. I can post the xorg.conf and of course the etconfig (this is the config generated by ET during the first startup. Tell me what kind of infos you expect.

Im happy about any hints :-)

Hrr good'ol'et... Do you have 64bit os? Et is 32bit program, which uses 32libs and for that obvious reasons need 32bit libGL.so.1(nvidia drivers installs it usually in folder /usr/lib32). Altough there's et-cvar which libGL to use it's better that 32bit programs are used properly system wide.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
      Hrr good'ol'et...
      Hrrrr :-) yes nearly from day 1 (2004)

Do you have 64bit os?
      I got a 64bit System (but i also used it with my old ATI card where i dont got these Problem)

Et is 32bit program, which uses 32libs and for that obvious reasons need 32bit libGL.so.1(nvidia drivers installs it usually in folder /usr/lib32).
      Yes it is installed in /usr/lib

Altough there's et-cvar which libGL to use it's better that 32bit programs are used properly system wide.
      Sorry i cant follow your answer, what did you mean exactly? I know what you mean with et-cvar, but what are your meaning with system wide?

Etconfig (only the parts corresponding with video hardware, i dont post all binds etc. until you need it because its to much stuff in there)
      Code:
      seta ui_r_texturemode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
      seta ui_r_detailtextures "1"
      seta ui_r_dynamiclight "1"
      seta ui_r_ext_compressed_textures "1"
      seta ui_r_depthbits "24"
      seta ui_r_texturebits "32"
      seta ui_r_picmip "0"
      seta ui_r_subdivisions "4"
      seta ui_r_lodbias "0"
      seta ui_r_colorbits "32"
      seta com_recommended "0"
      seta ui_autoredirect "0"
      seta ui_showtooltips "1"
      seta ui_profile_mousePitch "0"
      seta ui_sensitivity "5"
      seta ui_handedness "0"
      seta ui_rate "25000"
      seta ui_r_gamma "2.000000"
      seta ui_r_mode "8"
      seta cg_coronafardist "1536"
      seta ui_glCustom "4"
      seta com_soundMegs "24"
      seta snddevice "/dev/dsp"
      seta s_channels "2"
      seta s_bits "16"
      seta s_wavonly "0"
      seta s_defaultsound "0"
      seta s_mixPreStep "0.05"
      seta s_mixahead "0.2"
      seta s_khz "22"
      seta s_doppler "1"
      seta s_separation "0.5"
      seta r_lastValidRenderer "GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2"
      seta r_highQualityVideo "1"
      seta r_normallength "0.5"
      seta r_trisColor "1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0"
      seta r_primitives "0"
      seta r_railSegmentLength "32"
      seta r_railCoreWidth "1"
      seta r_railWidth "16"
      seta r_facePlaneCull "1"
      seta r_gamma "1.3"
      seta r_swapInterval "0"
      seta r_textureAnisotropy "1.0"
      seta r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
      seta r_dlightBacks "1"
      seta r_ignoreGLErrors "1"
      seta r_flares "1"
      seta r_lodbias "0"
      seta r_lodCurveError "250"
      seta r_ignoreFastPath "0"
      seta r_smp "0" unsafe
      seta r_subdivisions "4"
      seta r_simpleMipMaps "1"
      seta r_customaspect "1"
      seta r_customheight "1080"
      seta r_customwidth "1920"
      seta r_fullscreen "1"
      seta r_oldMode ""
      seta r_ignorehwgamma "0"
      seta r_overBrightBits "0"
      seta r_depthbits "24" unsafe
      seta r_stencilbits "0" unsafe
      seta r_stereo "1" unsafe
      seta r_colorbits "32" unsafe
      seta r_texturebits "32" unsafe
      seta r_detailtextures "1"
      seta r_rmse "0.0"
      seta r_roundImagesDown "1"
      seta r_picmip "0"
      seta r_clampToEdge "1" unsafe
      seta r_ext_texture_env_add "0" unsafe
      seta r_nv_fogdist_mode "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" unsafe
      seta r_ext_NV_fog_dist "0" unsafe
      seta r_ext_texture_filter_anisotropic "0" unsafe
      seta r_ati_fsaa_samples "1" unsafe
      seta r_ati_truform_pointmode "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_LINEAR" unsafe
      seta r_ati_truform_normalmode "GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_LINEAR" unsafe
      seta r_ati_truform_tess "1" unsafe
      seta r_ext_ATI_pntriangles "0" unsafe
      seta r_glIgnoreWicked3D "0" unsafe
      seta r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1" unsafe
      seta r_ext_multitexture "1" unsafe
      seta r_ext_gamma_control "1" unsafe
      seta r_ext_compressed_textures "1" unsafe
      seta r_allowExtensions "1" unsafe
      seta r_glDriver "libGL.so.1" unsafe
      seta r_mode "6" unsafe
      I was wondering about the "unsafe" behind the settings?

Comment

Heh it was pretty horrible an unstable when I tried first betas around 2003...

But back in your problem, I mean that is any 32bit software able to use GL(You can download glxinfo from 32bit package and run it to check if it uses nvidia drivers).

Are you using the same configs as you used with ati. There still seems to be some r_ati_ cvars which won't work with nvidia. Last valid renderer seems to be right so it should be more fluid. One thing popped in to my mind was that nvidia's drivers used vsync on by default(under OpenGL settings), I had same kind of problems with my 120Hz monitor: it always dropped it back to 60Hz and 60 or 90 fps(odd) no matter what I did in nvidia-settings. Had to use xrandr to set it 120Hz and it really stayed 120Hz and fps rised from 60 or 90 to solid 125.

For more informative output could be that you start et from command line show the output(skip the maps and so-on). i.e.
        Code:
        $ et
        ET 2.60b linux-i386 May  8 2006
        ----- FS_Startup -----
        Current search path:
        *snip*
        7898 files in pk3 files
        execing default.cfg
        couldn't exec language.cfg
        execing profiles/Keppana/etconfig.cfg
        com_zoneMegs will be changed upon restarting.
        execing autoexec.cfg
        Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok

------- Input Initialization -------
        Joystick is not active.
        ------------------------------------
        Bypassing CD checks
        ----- Client Initialization -----
        ----- Initializing Renderer ----
        -------------------------------
        ----- Client Initialization Complete -----
        ----- R_Init -----
        ^3WARNING: cvar 'r_overbrightbits' out of range (3.000000 > 1.000000)
        ^3WARNING: cvar 'r_intensity' out of range (2.000000 > 1.500000)
        ...loading libGL.so.1: Initializing OpenGL display
        ...setting mode -1: 1680 1050
        Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
        XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
        XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1680x1050
        Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
        GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
        Initializing OpenGL extensions
        ...GL_S3_s3tc not found
        ...using GL_EXT_texture_env_add
        ...using GL_ARB_multitexture
        ...GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array not found
        ...ignoring GL_NV_fog_distance
        ...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
        Initializing GLX extensions
        ...using GLX_SGI_swap_control
        ...using GLX_SGI_video_sync
        XF86 Gamma extension initialized

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
        GL_RENDERER: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
        GL_VERSION: 1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 310.14)
        GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_SUN_slice_accum 
        GLX_EXTENSIONS: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent GLX_SGI_make_current_read GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap 
        GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 8192
        GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 4

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
        MODE: -1, 1680 x 1050 fullscreen hz:N/A
        GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
        CPU: 
        rendering primitives: multiple glArrayElement
        texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
        picmip: 0
        texture bits: 32
        multitexture: enabled
        compiled vertex arrays: disabled
        texenv add: enabled
        compressed textures: disabled
        anisotropy: 16
        NV distance fog: disabled
        Initializing Shaders
        ----- finished R_Init -----
        *snip*
        I think unsure was just to tell gl to use default values if some cvar does not work. You can see if there is crashed cvars with et console command com_crashed(or was it should set com_crashed "1" and then check some log file).

Edit: I seems also have those r_ati_ cvars and they don't effect at all.
        Last edited by tuke81; 07 November 2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Heh it was pretty horrible an unstable when I tried first betas around 2003...
          Yes thats true :-)

Currently im at the office but will reply to you this evening when im able to check that on my private linux machine (here we got winXP which sucks hard ^^).

Yea vsync could be an option... but see you later then.

Comment

Are you using the same configs as you used with ati. There still seems to be some r_ati_ cvars which won't work with nvidia. Last valid renderer seems to be right so it should be more fluid. One thing popped in to my mind was that nvidia's drivers used vsync on by default(under OpenGL settings), I had same kind of problems with my 120Hz monitor: it always dropped it back to 60Hz and 60 or 90 fps(odd) no matter what I did in nvidia-settings. Had to use xrandr to set it 120Hz and it really stayed 120Hz and fps rised from 60 or 90 to solid 125.
            If you mean my personal configs like autoexec.cfg or binds.cfg i can answer this with yes. If you mean my etconfig then i have to say no because i got a fresh installation after i recognized that et runs unstable and freezes my desktop and let et write the etconfig into ~.etwolf/etmain depending on my new hardware.

For more informative output could be that you start et from command line show the output(skip the maps and so-on). i.e.
            Code:
            $ et
            I think unsure was just to tell gl to use default values if some cvar does not work. You can see if there is crashed cvars with et console command com_crashed(or was it should set com_crashed "1" and then check some log file).

Edit: I seems also have those r_ati_ cvars and they don't effect at all.
            Here is my startup (with et-sdl-sound which is an alsa-hack to get full sound) to get alsa sound working. But it also freezes my desktop if i start et without et-sdl-sound and therefor without sound.

Code:
            ./et-sdl-sound 
            [et-sdl-sound] info   : 32-bit libSDL.so is installed to /usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
            [et-sdl-sound] info   : library is written to /tmp/et-sdl-sound.so
            [et-sdl-sound] info   : launching the game...
            Read /home/akI/MyGames/et/et.x86 (1604328 bytes)
            0x8188250: e9 ab 22 5e ef 
            0x8188840: e9 fb 1c 5e ef 
            0x81888d0: e9 ab 1c 5e ef 
            0x81888f0: e9 cb 1c 5e ef 
            0x81888e0: e9 1b 1d 5e ef 
            Found ET 2.60b (CRC32 = 0x6ab49f82)
            Using SDL backend.
            et-sdl-sound-r29 (Apr 13 2008 13:59:02, 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6-r2 p1.5, ssp-3.4.6-1.0, pie-8.7.10)) loaded.
            ----- FS_Startup -----
            *snip*
            ----------------------
            4658 files in pk3 files
            execing default.cfg
            couldn't exec language.cfg
            execing profiles/akI/etconfig.cfg
            execing autoexec.cfg
            execing binds.cfg
            couldn't exec klassenwahl.cfg
            execing spawn.cfg

------- Input Initialization -------
            Joystick is not active.
            Bypassing CD checks
            ----- Client Initialization -----
            -------------------------------
            ----- Client Initialization Complete -----
            ----- R_Init -----
            ...loading libGL.so.1: Initializing OpenGL display
            ...setting mode 8: 1280 1024
            Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.2
            XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1280x1024
            Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 24 depth, 0 stencil display.
            GL_RENDERER: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2
            ^3WARNNING: GL extensions string too long (6754), truncated to 4096
            Initializing OpenGL extensions
            ...using GL_S3_s3tc
            ...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_env_add
            ...using GL_ARB_multitexture
            ...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
            ...GL_NV_fog_distance not found
            ...ignoring GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
            Initializing GLX extensions
            ...using GLX_SGI_swap_control
            ...using GLX_SGI_video_sync
            XF86 Gamma extension initialized

GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
            GL_RENDERER: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2
            GL_VERSION: 4.2.0 NVIDIA 304.60
            GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pixel_
            buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_
            power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_
            framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_
            objGLX_EXTENSIONS: GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGI_video_sync GLX_SGI_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_NV_float_buffer GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_NV_multisample_coverage GLX_ARB_get_proc_address 
            GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
            GL_MAX_ACTIVE_TEXTURES_ARB: 4

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
            MODE: 8, 1280 x 1024 fullscreen hz:N/A
            GAMMA: hardware w/ 0 overbright bits
            CPU: 
            rendering primitives: single glDrawElements
            texturemode: GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
            picmip: 0
            texture bits: 32
            multitexture: enabled
            compiled vertex arrays: enabled
            texenv add: disabled
            compressed textures: enabled
            anisotropy: 1.0
            NV distance fog: disabled
            Initializing Shaders
            ----- finished R_Init -----

------- sound initialization -------
            SDL audio driver initializing...
            SDL audio driver is "alsa"
            SDL audio initialized.
            ----- Sound Info -----
            *snip*
            ----------------------
            *snip*
            ----- FS_Startup -----
            Current search path:
            *snip*
            ----------------------
            9960 files in pk3 files
            Com_TrackProfile: Deleting old pid file [etmain] [profiles/akI/profile.pid]
            *snip*
            execing profiles/akI/etconfig.cfg
            r_detailtextures will be changed upon restarting.
            r_rmse will be changed upon restarting.
            r_texturebits will be changed upon restarting.
            r_depthbits will be changed upon restarting.
            Client download subsystem initialized
            ----- FS_Startup -----
            Current search path:
            *snip*
            ----------------------
            15452 files in pk3 files
            Initializing Sound Scripts
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/vo_allies.sounds'
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/vo_axis.sounds'
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/sp_delivery_te.sounds'
            done.
            LOADING... graphics
            LOADING... maps/sp_delivery_te.bsp
            stitched 0 LoD cracks
            ...loaded 7731 faces, 388 meshes, 213 trisurfs, 0 flares 0 foliage
            LOADING... entities
            LOADING... game media
            LOADING...  - textures
            LOADING...  - models
            LOADING...  - weapons
            LOADING...  - items
            LOADING...  - inline models
            LOADING...  - server models
            LOADING...  - particles
            LOADING...  - classes
            LOADING...  - game media done
            LOADING... flamechunks
            LOADING... clients
            etpro: loading gib models
            CL_InitCGame:  4.31 seconds
            Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec
            etpro: r_depthbits CVAR_IN violation - [0] should be IN [24 32]
            etpro: Saved old cvars to cvar_backup14.cfg
            RE_Shutdown( 1 )

Sys_LoadDll(/home/akI/.etwolf/etpro/ui.mp.i386.so)... ok
            Sys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at  0xe6f767d0  
            Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!
            Sys_LoadDll(/home/akI/.etwolf/etpro/cgame.mp.i386.so)... ok
            Sys_LoadDll(cgame) found **vmMain** at  0xdf9e5f10  
            Sys_LoadDll(cgame) succeeded!
            ^1file not found: scripts/sw_goldrush_te.arena
            LOADING... collision map
            LOADING... sounds
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/all
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/xs
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/xm
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/xe
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/xf
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/xc
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/as
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/am
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/ae
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/af
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader sprites/ac
            voice chat memory size = 0

Initializing Sound Scripts
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/vo_allies.sounds'
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/vo_axis.sounds'
            ...loading 'sound/scripts/sp_delivery_te.sounds'
            done.
            LOADING... graphics
            LOADING... maps/sp_delivery_te.bsp
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader etpro/sp_delivery_te/gfx/loading/camp_map
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader etpro/sp_delivery_te/gfx/loading/pin_axis
            ^3WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader etpro/sp_delivery_te/gfx/loading/pin_allied
            stitched 0 LoD cracks
            ...loaded 7731 faces, 388 meshes, 213 trisurfs, 0 flares 0 foliage
            LOADING... entities
            LOADING... game media
            LOADING...  - textures
            LOADING...  - models
            LOADING...  - weapons
            LOADING...  - items
            LOADING...  - inline models
            LOADING...  - server models
            LOADING...  - particles
            LOADING...  - classes
            LOADING...  - game media done
            LOADING... flamechunks
            LOADING... clients
            etpro: loading gib models
            CL_InitCGame:  2.59 seconds
            Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec
            spei^7 disconnected
            ^5PunkBuster Client: PB Server assigned guid = e69f33a292020d50af171fa0c60e94f6
            ^5PunkBuster Client: Receiving from PB Server (l v1.809 | A1382 C2.254)
            ^5PunkBuster Client: WARNING: ^7PB Kicks for Name Spamming and Name Stealing and Non-standard Characters and Level 1 PB Restric
            execing autoexec_allies.cfg
            usage: set <variable> <value> [unsafe]
            Joined the alliesteam and played the game
            ]/quit
            ----- CL_Shutdown -----
            Sys_LoadDll(/home/akI/.etwolf/etpro/ui.mp.i386.so)... ok
            Sys_LoadDll(ui) found **vmMain** at  0xe6f767d0  
            Sys_LoadDll(ui) succeeded!
            Closing SDL audio device...
            SDL audio device shut down.
            RE_Shutdown( 1 )
            -----------------------
            ----- CL_Shutdown -----
            -----------------------
            Shutdown tty console
            [et-sdl-sound] info   : done
            I hope you can see something in there. Meanwhile i?ll check if the vsync option will stable et for me.

Comment

Hmm There aren't any errors on your gl initiliazing(I had mesa update messed my drivers, thus the different R_init, now it looks the same as yours). Wicked3D caused crashes in some pcs so you should try to disable it
              seta r_glIgnoreWicked3D "1"

Oh and using custom aspect ratios you should use
              seta r_mode "-1"

And increase your hunkmegs i.e. to 512MB, it helps on map loading times.
              seta com_hunkMegs "512"

Comment

Working...
              X