The Steam Linux Beta Begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Artemis3

When you create live images you have to turn that default off otherwise you end up with a huge iso with lots of unused packages. The default for Kanotix is logically then install without recommends. If a package "needs" recommends then is is wrongly packaged - you can not rely on this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by nir2142 View Post
      i understand what you mean BUT i see companies that have developed bug report that minimized or indexing if there is more then one bug report about the same bug (or even they sometimes have automated delete comments from database about the same bug)
      as you can see its very easy solution to solve that.
      well why should you solve a problem that you don't need to have?

Why would Valve want to solve that problem (which is certainly not 'easy to solve'. It's possible to solve it but it's certainly not 'easy' and it also would result in needing a bigger/better server since you need to check all other bug reports and not only by using the exact text but you need to throw words around and search the entire database multiple times. And even a company like Valve isn't going to buy a high-end server if a virtualized server will do the job just as good) if they don't need to?

In that stage of the beta phase they want to fix obvious bugs. It doesn't matter if you've 100, 1000 or 10000 people looking at the program. They all find the same bugs.

@Naib you should probably try Heroes of Newerth.
      Last edited by Detructor; 08 November 2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post

@Naib you should probably try Heroes of Newerth.
        Im a global mod on the HoN forums, tech for HoN, SBT/RCT for hon and some general tester
        doesn't change the fact I like dota2 as well

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
          Im a global mod on the HoN forums, tech for HoN, SBT/RCT for hon and some general tester
          doesn't change the fact I like dota2 as well
          oh...you are Naib erhm...yeah, of course I knew that! *cough*

anyway, just found the official press release: http://store.steampowered.com/news/9289/ thought I should share it.

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
            it just says that I've no internet connection o_0.
            I use Firefox and i can use :

firefox steam://run/22010

Not that i use this method....i simply log in via Steam Client and launch the game from my Library...
            Last edited by AJSB; 08 November 2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
              Amnesia works great

Only other ones I've personally tried are Uplink and yes, World of Goo

However there is a list, as seen in this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10276686...ts/XbkZNofAjXp

So there's others there that work like Trine 2, Dungeons of Dredmore etc.

Are you in the Beta ? If not, how did you mannaged to play Amenesia and Trine 2 ?

I only mannaged search for linux games in the store, and installed the World of Goo Demo and it's working flawless

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Compagian fails to to install any files at all (gonna test the staandalone Beta/Demo/whatever from the game devs to see what happens)....

If i try to do same with Amenesia or Trine 2 demos , it says that it's not for my plantform

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
                Amnesia works great

Only other ones I've personally tried are Uplink and yes, World of Goo

However there is a list, as seen in this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10276686...ts/XbkZNofAjXp

So there's others there that work like Trine 2, Dungeons of Dredmore etc.

Are you in the Beta ? If not, how did you mannaged to play Amenesia and Trine 2 ?

I only mannaged search for linux games in the store, and installed the World of Goo Demo and it's working flawless

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Compagian fails to to install any files at all (gonna test the staandalone Beta/Demo/whatever from the game devs to see what happens)....

If i try to do same with Amenesia or Trine 2 demos , it says that it's not for my plantform

Comment

I've posted here http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...5239722194376/ but their community, at least here, are really slow, and sometimes I can't see any post there...

It's just a simple package (it just 2 files long :P) that add at your login screen the option to play STEAM Big Picture without any DE!

Put STEAM BigPicture mode at login screen. Contribute to thor27/steam-login development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

you just need to own them on steam.
                    i can play trine 2 too.

Comment

Hi, this is my lil' feedback for a non-elected Quantal user, just a few hours ago

World of Goo demo OK: easy to add
                      Amnesia demo OK: some libs required

any other game known to work with the marginal beta testers?

Comment

Working...
                      X