Thread: Opera 12.10 Browser Improves Extensions

Hybrid View

Default Opera 12.10 Browser Improves Extensions

Phoronix: Opera 12.10 Browser Improves Extensions

The Norwegians have released Opera 12.10 this morning. While Windows and Mac OS X improvements are the primary focus of improvements for this release, an updated Linux version is also available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIyMjI

Default Whatever

Source or gtfo

Firefox and Chromium have extensions too, so whatever.

Default opera is awesome engineering

opera is awesome engineering. It uses only a single core. But its UI is completely separate from the layout.
    Chrome does it by creating a different process for each tab, which is excessive IMHO. Each process can use a different core.
    Firefox does nothing of this sort. Its UI and layout are tied togeher. So if a layout/JS is taking too long to process, the whole UI slows. Which is poor engineering .

The awesome thing about Opera is that it manages to do so using a sigle core only. Which is pretty big. Of course its closed source. But give credit where due.

It's a great company to work for too.. You get full freedom to select OS/distro for your computer, everyone in management (I think) has a programming background and pretty much every perk you've read that they have at Google (except free candy and soda, we get fruit and coffee).

Quote Originally Posted by johanar View Post
    It's a great company to work for too.. You get full freedom to select OS/distro for your computer, everyone in management (I think) has a programming background and pretty much every perk you've read that they have at Google (except free candy and soda, we get fruit and coffee).
    good to hear, I love Opera, been using it for as long as I can remember, only thing I don't like is that when I report a bug I don't get the feeling its looked at or worked on, an open bugzilla or a none-computer reply would be better

Opera is a brilliant browser. For me it's only second to Firefox. I am glad that they give Linux this kind of support.