Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium (Ad-Free) Reminder

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium (Ad-Free) Reminder

This is just a reminder that if you'd like to browse Phoronix and the Phoronix Forums without any advertisements on the pages, while still supporting our operations, you can do so by subscribing to Phoronix Premium. For as little as $4 USD per month you can be accessing the ad-free version of Phoronix which has zero advertisements and also loads noticeably faster...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do all of the links still open in a new window?

Comment

Which links are you referring to?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

All of the links in articles have target="_blank"

Comment

Originally posted by sgarrity View Post
          All of the links in articles have target="_blank"
          For premium members, I could change that.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I got adblock plus installed and told firefox to ignore the target="_blank" line. I hate it to be forced to pay for something - just put a paypal button somewhere and ask for donations from time to time, just like wikipedia does...

Comment

kkbutnothnx

I just keep using firefox ADBLOCK and no problems, I would use it anyways for other crap sites. USA JEWS common donate, u fucking scumbags!

Comment

Golden Lambs

Thanks Micheal.

One of the things that's dawned on me while using BitTorrent is the importance of feedback to the community. I probably wouldn't use BitTorrent if there was no share ratio, if they just said, “Just do whatever you think is OK.”, which is what most community projects do. I think BitTorrent would not be what it is today if there was no feedback or share ratio. Granted, it's not what it could be, but it is working.

I could contribute $10 bucks or $1000, and what difference would it make? It's a shot in the dark either way because I have no idea what the numbers are. The project could be rolling in cash. I think defining the problem is job one. Once you define it, you empower the community to get involved and do more, which could be contributions or just keeping you in mind and promoting the website. I couldn't be more excited about Bit Torrent, and it's really all about the feedback, seeing my humble part defined in some real way makes me feel like part of the community. I think the more you define the problem, the more you empower people to get involved. Asking the community to get involved but giving them no real way to define the problem could be compared to a form of torture, putting a bag over someone's head and demanding they do something. Does that promote community involvement? Seems like sometimes, that's the point, the community is expected to do nothing so a minority population can justify a spirit of entitlement or exploitation.

Third party verification of the protion that can be verified would probalby also be helfuf.

The idea is not global change, but simply growth, positive change. That's where global change starts.

Thanks for the opprutnity to speak on this!

Bill

Comment

I'm smrt and got AdBlock too, but if you want to keep the articles coming, get the premium... it won't break your bank.

Comment

@sgarrity

you can press middle mouse button, then they are opened in a new tab.

Comment

Working...
                    X