Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM/Clang 3.2 SVN On Intel Core i7

Phoronix: LLVM/Clang 3.2 SVN On Intel Core i7

With LLVM/Clang 3.2 being released next month and the code branching occurring this month, here's some new benchmarks from the latest SVN development snapshot as of this weekend. LLVM/Clang 3.2 SVN benchmarks were compared to the earlier LLVM 3.1 and 3.0 releases for reference.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess it won't match GCC for a long while.

Comment

No need to post it anymore since I've already posted it for you.

Obligatory "Clang is a waste of time, let us all contribute too GCC and linux instead as having more than one option is a bad thing except when we are talking about the 697 linux distros which is not a bad thing because choice is a good thing as long as you are choosing linux... Random job at Microsoft and Apple... something about proprietary... crap crap" post.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
        Obligatory "Clang is a waste of time, let us all contribute too GCC and linux instead as having more than one option is a bad thing except when we are talking about the 697 linux distros which is not a bad thing because choice is a good thing as long as you are choosing linux... Random job at Microsoft and Apple... something about proprietary... crap crap" post.
        Usually those who complain about project X being a waste of time also complain that having 697 distros is a waste of time and everybody must come together and... blah blah... Microsoft and Apple.... blah blah blah... nVidia/Intel VS AMD.... blah....

Comment

Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
          I know you're directing this towards the article and Phoronix's often brazen opinions. However, I think it needs to be said that supporting Open-Source projects like Linux/GCC/LLVM is a different, and better thing than supporting, or advocating support, for closed source solutions like Windows & Mac. It's not better out of an emotional or dogmatic appreciation for Linux. It's better because Open-Source projects, by nature, directly benefit the whole of society in tangibly positive and collaborative ways. Linux and other open-source projects are fundamentally not the same as their proprietary cousins, and they deserve a different level of respect.

Through method transparency, we're acting collectively to benefit the entire population in both utility and education; regardless of social or financial class. Proprietary is imperialistic, Open Source is scientific... it isn't just an alternative, it's the right thing to do. It may be impractical to apply in every situation today, but who knows what the future holds.

Comment

Run the latest trunk check against a Linux 3.2 kernel.

I'd be interested in the differences.

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
              I know you're directing this towards the article and Phoronix's often brazen opinions. However, I think it needs to be said that supporting Open-Source projects like Linux/GCC/LLVM is a different, and better thing than supporting, or advocating support, for closed source solutions like Windows & Mac. It's not better out of an emotional or dogmatic appreciation for Linux. It's better because Open-Source projects, by nature, directly benefit the whole of society in tangibly positive and collaborative ways. Linux and other open-source projects are fundamentally not the same as their proprietary cousins, and they deserve a different level of respect.

Through method transparency, we're acting collectively to benefit the entire population in both utility and education; regardless of social or financial class. Proprietary is imperialistic, Open Source is scientific... it isn't just an alternative, it's the right thing to do. It may be impractical to apply in every situation today, but who knows what the future holds.
              80%+ of Apple's OS X is open source. LLVM/Clang is all open source, including LLDB, Compiler-RT, Polly, Libc++ and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
                80%+ of Apple's OS X is open source.
                lololololololololololololol

Comment

Working...
                X